Will a seat from a 2012 m8 fit on my 2009 crossfire?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a huge favour and just get the 2010-2011 mountain seat. I had one on an 09 and now have a 2012 and I want the old seat back. Does anyone know if a 2011 seat will fit a 2012?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are all interchangable.

I put the 2012 cat mountain seat on my 09 CrossFire. Fits good. One dealership told me it couldn't be done. Because of the shape of the gas tank. The way the tank is shaped the mountain seat doesn't wrap around the tank like the CF seat did.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 2010 to 2011 m series seat on my 2010 crossfire. The only thing is that the crossfire tank is bigger exposing the tank line around the seat edge, not a biggie by any means. The other concern is the crossfire seat bolts won't be long enough for the m seat. Once again mine mounted no problem. As for old body style and newbody style seat interchange I would say no from observations. I would look into the wrp Rasmussen designed seats few inches lower versus the factory and lightweight, I feel that would be your best choice CDs the m shorty seat. The m shorty is high for many and requires some hurdle jumping ability to transfer side to side lol

Reaction score
I have the 2010 to 2011 m series seat on my 2010 crossfire. The only thing is that the crossfire tank is bigger exposing the tank line around the seat edge, not a biggie by any means. The other concern is the crossfire seat bolts won't be long enough for the m seat. Once again mine mounted no problem. As for old body style and newbody style seat interchange I would say no from observations. I would look into the wrp Rasmussen designed seats few inches lower versus the factory and lightweight, I feel that would be your best choice CDs the m shorty seat. The m shorty is high for many and requires some hurdle jumping ability to transfer side to side lol
Thanks!

Top Bottom