Who's cooking the turkey?

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife, except for our annual may long turkey fry, then I do the deep frying.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well on the inlaw side of things that was last night........sister in law's turn............she tried.......we arrive oh around 4:30 pm ask her a couple quick questions when did you start the bird and how much it weigh....her answers," 15 pound bird and she hits the button to start the oven at the same time...........needless to say but she was a late dinner...........heading to mom's tomorrow bird and ham

morerpmfred

Reaction score
Two turkeys in the deep fryer yesterday at margerite lake. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349625180.582136.jpg
And today one in the oven.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turkey is in the oven. Val marinated for the turkey 20 hours. Trying a slow cooing method...

now time for a drink....:beer:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Crazy_wheeler deep fried one yesterday,wifey has one in the oven right now.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better (looking) half has it in the oven as I type.

Yesterday was the first annual chili cookoff as well, it's a 'let's get fat' weekend.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting a bit Off the Grid Creative. We do have a propane oven.. but I wasn't sure how much propane it would actually use in order to cook a turkey.. so here's what the kids and I decided.
We bought one of those stuffed rolled up Turkey thingies with dark and white meat, stuffing in the middle..
Then we bought 4 Turkey Wings...

We have a big cast iron Dutch oven, so we put everything in there with Poultry seasoning and onion... It's been on top of the wood stove for a few hours now and the house smells AMAZING!!!!!.. We'll have baby potatoes, Corn on the Cob and Salad too!!

The Dutch Oven ROCKS!!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting a bit Off the Grid Creative. We do have a propane oven.. but I wasn't sure how much propane it would actually use in order to cook a turkey.. so here's what the kids and I decided.
We bought one of those stuffed rolled up Turkey thingies with dark and white meat, stuffing in the middle..
Then we bought 4 Turkey Wings...

We have a big cast iron Dutch oven, so we put everything in there with Poultry seasoning and onion... It's been on top of the wood stove for a few hours now and the house smells AMAZING!!!!!.. We'll have baby potatoes, Corn on the Cob and Salad too!!

The Dutch Oven ROCKS!!

My wife HATES "the Dutch oven" BIG TIME, It dont bother me tho one bit :D

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
229485_3904812015530_425860849_n.jpg
Here's how we did it in the cast Iron Dutch oven.. Don't mind my spectacular Glamor look....

Top Bottom