Who pays cash for sleds and toys and who finances??

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything is paid for but it's all old so that's not saying much. Can't justify any new toys until I buy a house.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i financed my 06 summit in 06. this was a terrible idea for me at that time but hey, i really wanted it and they were willing to give it me, with 0 down even! granted i paid it off in 2.5 years, but holy sh!t did i pay through the nose for that sled.:eek:
based on that experience alone i will never finance another toy. :beer:

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cash only for things that you can not write off or make you money.Only borrow money to make money.If I don'y have the cash for a toy I simply don't buyit.This year I have house reno's to pay for,My woodstove needs replacing,kitchen flooring and c/tops.I just replaced the Fridge and stove so no toys this year.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This one makes me wonder as you talk about getting new investment banker? I don't think there would be one out there that would be telling you to borrow money and buy a new toy.
But maybe that is why the economy is in the toilet and banks have went broke and needed bailing out.
I don't think you will find any bank that will give out money at 3-3.5% for toys.
Just saying!

I have 4% on my line of credit.

It's not that hard to build credit when your young I just turned 21. And the bank will give me whatever pretty much it's stupid.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only issue with people financing a sled for 5 years is that it lasts about 3. and no one likes paying big bucks for a toy thats worn out. but if you finance something for 5 years and get 5 years of warranty well aint nothing wrong with that.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could have named this thread "I'm super cool because I pay cash for my sleds - I bet a bunch of other super cool people with tons of cash will post soon!"

I agree this coulve been the " who has lots of money and snowmobiles thread". As poor as i am financing i still try to donate 100 extra every time i go for 3 days. wether its vale or revy or wherever.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could have named this thread "I'm super cool because I pay cash for my sleds - I bet a bunch of other super cool people with tons of cash will post soon!"

I'd rather own a $5-7k sled that was paid for in cash, then a brand new one financed. You don't have to be rich to pay for one in cash.

But then again, if your 20 and financing a sled, compared to someone who 40's that's a lot different. I mean someone whos 20s hasn't had a lot of time to build up wealth and will have a lot harder time to have the coin. I wouldn't be caught dead at 40+ financing ANYTHING but a house or something else that will make me a lot of money.

It annoys me when I had a truck payment and paying a bank $150 a month in interest alone.

ch!t I am going to university in the fall, have a house payment to make and will still save up for a sled this summer. Put in an extra shift every week for a summer and there's your sled money. Instead of making someone else rich.

Last edited:
Top Bottom