Which way to go for intake

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which would be the better way to go. SLP's intake horn or Speedwerx high flow intake ?

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the speedwerx high flow box never had a problem ....works great never had a problem ......A bit more expensive then the slp one tho.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll say two off them are abet the same but i run the speedwerx and it's seems pretty good.

Blair laursen

Reaction score
What about the Timbersled Any reviews ?? they are alot of money compared to the rest tho... any one using them ?

POWSHREDDER69

Reaction score
i put a black diamond air box mod on my sled, seems to be okay, just put it on. anyone have any feedback on this one?

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put the speedwerx horn in mine and just drill the box out and put frogskinz over top works good for me

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the timbersled on mine and love it would recommend it to anyone has real good deep snow capability and way lighter than the factory air intake my opionion is spend the money and get a timbersled intake

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put the speedwerx horn in mine and just drill the box out and put frogskinz over top works good for me

Where did you drill? I just took the old plastic out and screwed the new on on

Got pics?

kamo kitty

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has drilled out air box and installed frogskinz. Deep snow always plugs off my vents and engine bogs bad. If so where did you drill and did it help?

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on either side of the horn... just pull the box out and and drill it out and put a frogskin over top of it

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What i've done on my M1000 is installed the speedwerx billet intake horn and also installed the slp intake kit that deletes the hose. The two work awesome together. The big thing that i like about this set-up is that it still breathes cold air. And the slp part of it has a part built in that if your other vents get plugged it has an area that it'll breathe from.. The thing i dont like about the mesh air boxs is that if the vents on the nose of the sled get blocked off in deep powder for example then it's breathin alot of hot under hood air. You make more power with cold air rather than hot air.. This is just my thoughts and the set-up i run on my personal sled.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put the timbersled intake on my dragon but used the intake screens from slp the timbersled screens are ugly slp fit nice and there stainless steel runs real nice and no snow intake

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What i've done on my M1000 is installed the speedwerx billet intake horn and also installed the slp intake kit that deletes the hose. The two work awesome together. The big thing that i like about this set-up is that it still breathes cold air. And the slp part of it has a part built in that if your other vents get plugged it has an area that it'll breathe from.. The thing i dont like about the mesh air boxs is that if the vents on the nose of the sled get blocked off in deep powder for example then it's breathin alot of hot under hood air. You make more power with cold air rather than hot air.. This is just my thoughts and the set-up i run on my personal sled.

Do you think you could snap a couple pictures of this setup? That sounds like what I want. I noticed my front vents almost always ice up, so I don't trust the aftermarket air boxes. But I wasn't sure what I'd gain from the Speedwerx/SLP kits. Thanks!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think you could snap a couple pictures of this setup? That sounds like what I want. I noticed my front vents almost always ice up, so I don't trust the aftermarket air boxes. But I wasn't sure what I'd gain from the Speedwerx/SLP kits. Thanks!

Yah i will get some pics tonight after work as my camera is a t home. And post tomorow.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry for not postin pics yet guys, it's just been crazy busy at the shop. I will try and get it done today or tomorrow

Top Bottom