Which sled deck for mega cab while pulling travel trailer????

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i am leaning towards a diamondback cover. Punching holes in my trailer makes me sick even thinking about it. if you got pictures of your diamondback please post.

IMO...That's a lot of weight to be putting on your box rails...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/16/pa2y8edu.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/16/enude4aq.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/16/qu5yhuzu.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/16/ytesy8eb.jpg

This is my 7 ft marathon deck with my arctic fox trailer checking my turning angles the deck is not slid out and I have a large shank hitch from dsp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same trailer, just lift up the rock guard when backing in or tight turns and you'll be ok. Your deck will hit that rock guard on uneven ground, trust me I know lol.

I've thought of having the deck edges cut at s 45 deg angle and finished off to give more swing room.

I have a hitch extension and they are illegal in BC.

Last edited:

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dodge mega cab 1.jpg dodge mega cab 2.png

here is a couple pics from the web with 2 sport quads on a diamond back cover on a mega cab
you would need a super long shank on your hitch to avoid your trailer (most long shanks reduce your allowable hitch weight rating )

as HRT said not sure if i would want all that weight on my box rails they dont make the boxes as tuff as they use to

another issue to consider will be you would most likley be over weight on the rear axle of the truck ( not a big problem in alberta )
i know with my trailer and a quad/dirtbike and kids dirt bike i am right on the edge on my 2012 3500 ram diesel and it has quite a bit more payload rating than the mega cab trucks

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sense a toy hauler trailer in your future.

Yah Maybe. I just bought a 2012 Cougar trailer so it would kinda suck to get ride of it so soon and lose my shirt on it.

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Marlon has a deck that is made for 5.5 to 6' truck boxes that has a overall length of 85.5". and a deck length of 79.5". My truck from the front of the box where the deck will sit to the outside of my tailgate is 78". i realize that when the decks sides are extended i will have to be careful but i think this deck might be my best bet?? Most other short box decks are around 88" long.

Last edited:

wickster1970

Reaction score
I have a Marathon Truck Boss Deck that is flush with rear tailgate. No problems with hitting the trailer. Looking to sell if interested.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not go b-train by pulling a flat deck or enclosed with the toys behind the RV trailer? Or is that not allowed in BC?

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not go b-train by pulling a flat deck or enclosed with the toys behind the RV trailer? Or is that not allowed in BC?

Not allowed in bc..... I guess too many curves in the road here, LOL.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
95% of the holiday trailer b-train setups I see in alberta are illegal too.

DIYtruckoutfit

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I've been selling alot of the Diamondback covers because of this reason and guys are loving them.
check them out at diytruckoutfit.ca Site sponsor.
9600371500_ce5d8c2c96_o.jpg 5547119528_1777620d32_o.jpg 4743213348_54b3329402_o.jpg

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that looks great, PM me a price on a black HD atv cover for a 2008 dodge mega cab 3500. everything i would need for hauling 2 atvs plus getting it to kelowna, bc. thanks

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had 2 marathones and a diamondback.

The truck boss sits on the box sides too. The load is spread across the whole side. I'd be more worried about the decks turn buckled to the floor of the box sitting on a 6"x6" plate ? Way more Psi on those plates than the box side.
The diamondback is very handy very versatile. The truck boss you can't give me one! Pia to get on off. Pia to slide out. Pia to keep sides of your truck clean. I'd take my classic marathone with telascopic ramp any day. Yes I modded mine with plates underneath with nuts for easy mounting. Wasn't hard.

Titan makes a hitch that extends to push your trailer back. This is what I was going to do before I flipped to fiver.
You can get up to 4 feet I think. They are for the truck camper guys that want to pull boats etc

Top Bottom