Sled Deck Hoist

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Home made sled deck hoist. Replied to another thread as well with this post. Was a prototype or first attempt. If anyone is looking to build something similar maybe they can improve upon my design!

I should have made it a little wider. I cannot get my sled trailer inside. I am planning on building some sort of dolly for the deck to sit on and move around with the garden tractor too, which would then free up the hoist for other uses. Long bungees to the corners keep the cables tight while not in use. The frame is 8' square outside measurements, and 8'6" tall. I don't think the gussets do much. Hand winch, cables and pulleys are from Princess Auto. It's bolted to the wood skids and since the pics and test run, is now outside for the winter. Can easily be dragged around with my garden tractor, without the deck on it. Total cost was about $350 and took about 8 hours including the painting. Cable in a single line was rated for 850 lbs, the pulleys were 420 lbs (each times 4 so cable would be 1800 lbs and pulleys 1680 lbs) and the hand winch was on the small side at 1200 lbs. I think the deck with the ramp is about 400 lbs. A person could also use it to load a dead sled into a truck or other lifting needs.

IMG_5854.jpg
IMG_5851.jpg

Top Bottom