Where do you get a pass?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure why not 120-160,not to be a part of fsa. sounds ok at this point. You guys have been great and I realized that anything I ask for on here is shot down from people that can't do a thing about my questions anyway. As for Doug, that talks like he can. Why do you call yourself fernie snow and not elkford snow? More hits from red plates I'm guessing, got to get you vast knowledge out there. Maybe in elkford people didn't want to hear your opinion anymore. Sure I know, you don't want to here mine, that's ok with me.
Go AWAY! Here is a guy who donates his summer to build the new cabin at the Rolling Hills and spends countless hours on the groomer, traveling to snow shows always promoting the area's he rides and loves. I'm tired of your crying. Buy your day passes and leave the forum.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Sure why not 120-160,not to be a part of fsa. sounds ok at this point. You guys have been great and I realized that anything I ask for on here is shot down from people that can't do a thing about my questions anyway. As for Doug, that talks like he can. Why do you call yourself fernie snow and not elkford snow? More hits from red plates I'm guessing, got to get you vast knowledge out there. Maybe in elkford people didn't want to hear your opinion anymore. Sure I know, you don't want to here mine, that's ok with me.

I learned a long time ago about a "pissing matches" with a skunk…….

I have been very reasonable with this topic and civil. It is a public forum and people can voice their opinions which you have. I have pointed out the facts as they are at this point in time. Does the FSA work to improve things? Yes, they doo.

As for money in the bank, if you want the truth about the financial situation, you need to become a member. I will tell you this much; the new cabin was built and paid for from money from snowmobilers and many generous donations. As snopro has said, "Pretty hard to keep a groomer running and start saving for a replacement down the road without money in the bank."

The FSA is run like a viable business. If the SnowCat were to blow a drive, overheat a gear box, or Lord forbid, require a motor how much would that cost? Yes, we are sort of prepared for that and a good club has to be.

As for the Elkfordsnow vs the ferniesnow, you will never know nor will you figure it out……try to keep on smiling John!

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know why jvl doesn't want to have his name associated with a club, but I suspect there is some personal issues between him and the club itself. This would explain why there is talk of a splinter club forming in the area, My warning to the Fernie peeps is that when personal issues got in the way at the BCSF a portion of the people involved split off and formed the ABCSC. After this happened our lobbying voice was devided and we actually lost ground with our battles and riding areas were lost because there was no longer communication provincially.

If some people don't want to belong to a club then they can go join the other 80% of snowmobilers that don't belong and ride the bumps wherever they want. Just quit coming on here and whining about having to pay if they ride the improved areas.

t333s

Reaction score
pretty hard when members can't get an accurate finincial statement at meetings.

Jvl

Reaction score
I guess I won't pay after all since you don't collect on week days. And I don't ride much on weekends. So I'll keep smiling if you keep on grooming, elkford Doug. Thanks for all your hard work keep it up.

Fan960

Reaction score
(JvI) Now that’s intelligence at its best! Questioning the integrity of the club and its financial records. All the volunteer hours donated by Doug and company with no financial rewards and you have the nerve to question the trail pass system. Quit honestly you couldn’t read or understand a financial statement if it bit you in the ASS.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I won't pay after all since you don't collect on week days. And I don't ride much on weekends. So I'll keep smiling if you keep on grooming, elkford Doug. Thanks for all your hard work keep it up.
What part of leave don't you understand?

Jvl

Reaction score
Doug drives the groomer for free? I doubt it. does he put in free time driving from elkford? maybe. Sure I think that he put a lot of hard work into the cabin and club business But, being a nonprofit organization can I ask if the cabin went up for bid to be built by a local company so the money raised could be given back to the community that it was raised in. Sure I know it's none of my business how the money is spent and I'm sure you could do it a lot cheaper anyway. This topic all came from me asking for a seasons pass without being a member of your club,And ends up with me writing to a bunch of people that will believe everything there told as long as it comes from one of there members. Fun eh? Let the name calling begin.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow........you are completely missing the point of local sled clubs, or you are just on here to stir up crap.

Buying a club membership is what keeps ANY of these riding areas open for us to ride. It is because of the hard work of guys like ferniesnow, catinthehat, and countless others over the last couple of decades that we have the ability to even take our sleds out in these areas. Grooming is the least of it.

Your club membership goes to ABCSC or BCSF membership. These guys are at work behind the scenes talking to the people that make the decisions regarding opening or closing riding areas. And remember, whether it is the local club or the provincial level organizations, 99.9% of this stuff is done by volunteers. As president of our local club it has been a HUGE eye opener as to how many thankless hours go into this. Open your eyes man. Nobody is trying to "grab up areas for themselves". Regardless of which club or area you are in, I would like to think we are all on the same team. These volunteers are spending hundreds of hours of their own time working to make sure guys like YOU have an area to even ride in.

crazeejames

Reaction score
WOW!!! JVL I hope you're not really a sledder, and just some knuckle dragger trolling on our forums! You are beyond ridiculous! If you want to sled, pay the fee at the trailhead, if no one is there to collect, there is nice little box to drop your donation in! Or if you ride more than 8 days a year in that area, buy a membership.........and don't go to a meeting.......there are many "members" that live way to far away to go to any meetings.....some of us drive 8-10+hrs to ride the pass/fernie! You don't see us whining on here about memberships and trail fees.......we just pay at the trail head, or gas station or wherever the passes are sold, WTF is 10-20 bucks a day for a trail pass........I'm sure gassing up your sled costs you more! Its not a principle thing, its a respect thing! If you ride "their" trails, "pay" them the what they deserve!!

Jvl

Reaction score
I would like to pay them as you can see but just not for the member part, thats all. whats the big deal.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jvl, no big deal, just a "change" and with any change, there is resistance/negativity.

I would urge the FSA to create the trail pass I suggested if Jvl indeed has no problem paying for a non-member FSA trail pass that allows him to contribute financially but remain a non-member. It appears to me that he is willing. Further, I would recommend a cost attached of at least $120, to recognize the printing and associated costs of producing the new pass. But, hey (Si Robertson, ya' gotta love him), if you wanted to attach a cost of $160, reflecting twice the cost of a member pass, I think that would be good too. It would recognize the time and effort put in by the club members to keep sledding organized and alive in and around Fernie.

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but bottom line is what you are trying to do is a slap in the face to the people volunteering their time to keep these riding areas open. Im sure you can find a way to get your damned trail pass without being a member..........but why? Why not just pick a club....any club.......and know that you are doing your tiny part to support our sport?

t333s

Reaction score
Reasonable Idea

FSA deduct the BCSF and insurance Fee from club $80.00 membership. Having Yearly Trail pass at $50.00-$60.00 and $10.00 day pass. That way sledders who want to join FSA will join the people they want to associate with and there events.The others can join what ever club they choose, or none at all. But All paying into the Grooming. You probably would get more people to pay that normally wouldn't

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reasonable Idea

FSA deduct the BCSF and insurance Fee from club $80.00 membership. Having Yearly Trail pass at $50.00-$60.00 and $10.00 day pass. That way sledders who want to join FSA will join the people they want to associate with and there events.The others can join what ever club they choose, or none at all. But All paying into the Grooming. You probably would get more people to pay that normally wouldn't

Finally the truth comes out. As I suspected....you're just CHEAP! :nono:

If there was a non-member yearly pass it should be MORE money as in Kazdog's idea....not less....to reflect your lack of participation in all the other things that go into keeping trails open. Club members should be cheaper than you by the very fact of their contribution to the club and the sport in general.

Last edited:

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to pay them as you can see but just not for the member part, thats all. whats the big deal.
I have to ask what membership are you objecting to? Is it the local club or the provincial organization or both???

Jvl

Reaction score
I hope there is someone out there that doesn't think what I'm asking for is unreasonable and hopefully they can see how I have been treated by so called members of fsa. I know that I've said things that was out of frustration and to make a point which I apologize for. But I'm sure that 8 pages in will be lost from anyone with a life to read through.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope there is someone out there that doesn't think what I'm asking for is unreasonable and hopefully they can see how I have been treated by so called members of fsa. I know that I've said things that was out of frustration and to make a point which I apologize for. But I'm sure that 8 pages in will be lost from anyone with a life to read through.

What you're asking for already exists, you're just too cheap to pay for it. Buy a day pass.....no membership, no problem! :realmad:

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the way Jvl, a day pass for the Golden clubs' GROOMED trails is $20 per day, which I gladly paid this weekend. It was sure nice to get into the play areas on an almost smooth trail - both ways. The fee at Fernie appears to be $10 per day, a great deal in comparison, which I will gladly pay when I go there this season.

So your dilemma seems to be more then solved. Be a good citizen, pay your $10 per day when you go (or twenty the 2nd time if no one is there to take your money the first), and don't join the club so you will not have to associate with people you do not want to, for whatever reason. You are in control, I just urge you to be fair and pay your share for when you are on those trails to help pay for the gas/diesel.

BCPOW

Reaction score
jvl is really :smiliestirthepot:on this topic

But why not :deadhorse: when talk/chat is cheap

not sayin, but jus sayin...Ideas are great, but how they are conveyed/communicated sometimes over-shadows the whole idea...

Top Bottom