whats good and bad

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a utility vehicle and just want some feed back on the different brands eg. Bobcat , Kawasaki , John Deer , Polaris , etc. will use it mostly on acreage hauling dirt , sand , weeds , sprayer and general yard work but might use it for fun to. The early leader is John Deer (I have a bad green paint habit) but I would like to get opinions on the rest what is your history and satisfaction with your UTV.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take a good look at the Polaris Ranger.It has one wheel drive if you end up on your lawn(wont tear up the grass)Also I believe it has the biggest payload as well.Another small advantage is the bench seat!
Great Machine for the Acreage!
catmando!

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
i would seriously consider getting a mini truck for your needs verses a utv. if you check out kevin with rapid revolutions he has some in. the one at the show is $8500 decked out with boxliner, lift kit, hid lights and itp rims with 26" executioners. more power and better fuel economy than a utv. and way cheaper too. street legal with the right tires too. 4 wheel drive and locking diff as well if needed. payload is about 1000lbs, towing is about 1500-2000 depending on the truck. anyway sounds like this is exactely what you want.

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
Take a good look at the Polaris Ranger.It has one wheel drive if you end up on your lawn(wont tear up the grass)Also I believe it has the biggest payload as well.Another small advantage is the bench seat!
Great Machine for the Acreage!
catmando!

Thanks catmando I looked at the ranger and it seems to be # 1 in the race. The rear diff ,higest payload ,bench seat ,50 mph speed , plastic box all make this unit look like the right one to get. Only two things stoping me 1) $3000 more than US price 2) It is morally wrong to buy a Polaris I will have to keep it in the garage and wear a bag over my head when riding it around.:D BRP where are you ????????:confused: . So I will talk to Don Hill at Elk Island sales again and take it out for a test drive it looks like the right way to go but it feels so wrong.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Why not just a tow behind trailer for your Outlander? Marathon make a sweet one with step axles and a roof on it

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
Why not just a tow behind trailer for your Outlander? Marathon make a sweet one with step axles and a roof on it

We have a trailer behind the wifes Traxter but she can't back it up at all so she unhooks it then moves the traxter into position then hooks up the trailer yes it is funny to watch and I have tried to teach her the proper way she just gives up. After her back breaking accident I don't want her to do this any more that is why we are looking at a UTV. She burns 3 tanks of fuel in the traxter per summer and it never leaves the yard she has at least 1000 Lilies in many flower beds all over the yard it looks great but it is a lot of work, she likes it so go for it.

porkhaaks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just check out the leg room in all those units. How easy is it to get in and out.
How high does the box lift, will every thing dump out (weeds, dirt etc.). I like what I got, but not every one likes the same. My unit has 2500 kms. on since
July 29, 2007 & NO problems. 660 Rhino

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
Just check out the leg room in all those units. How easy is it to get in and out.
How high does the box lift, will every thing dump out (weeds, dirt etc.). I like what I got, but not every one likes the same. My unit has 2500 kms. on since
July 29, 2007 & NO problems.

What do you have ?

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont get a John deere Gator...i know a guy that has one...sooo slow...great ground clearence and chews pretty good...but horrible speed and could have more more...just my opinion tho

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of them are good for the work aspect, but only the Ranger is suitable for play, IMO.

Northstar Polaris in Edson has Rangers on sale for $10,999.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TTT, was wondering what you decided on, if you havent yet PM me and can tell you a ton about the Polaris Ranger, we abuse ours like nobody's business and can tell you the good and the bad.

bluerhino

Reaction score
Website
www.fallcreekconservationsociety.com
I have a Rhino, my Dad and brother both have Razors. I know between the twoo brands/machines that they do similar riding terrain. However when it comes to work the Rhino is better suited to pull heavy loads. With my Rhino I pull an ATV trailer with a lid full of trail repair equipment out in the Fall Creek area. If you know the area then you know it is very steep on some of the trails.
The Rhino has the low end power to work on these trails where the Razor is higher geared for faster riding.

The Rhino still gives you a great time out riding and does work great for working tasks. The box on the Rhino also dumps where the Razor is fixed.

Ive drove them both and like each for different types of riding. The Razor handles very well on rough fast terrain with manual steering. The Rhino now has electric steering assist which really helps control the "old steering wheel spin" that you get at low speeds in deep ruts.

I hope this helps with these two.

I traded in 2 Yamaha Grizzly's for this change to my Rhino and havent looked back. Another plus with the Rhino is the box is larger than the Razor and does hold 13 cases of Corona ... however holding less beer in the Razor only means that when they run out their top end is way faster so they can go get more quicker ... :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did I just hear that right the rhino has low end grunt come on they have trouble turning 27" mud tires in low gear.

Top Bottom