Whats cooking in the muff pot?

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got a muff pot and heading out and was wondering what people through in there? was thinking some simple stuff that can cook slow for a good long time. seen shrimp and crap on here in there so lets here what you cook?

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taquito's from 7 11 are good, hot wings, bratwurst, ginger beef, dry ribs, etc. There is a pretty long thread about some real meals put in there. Much more imaginative than mine!

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taquito's from 7 11 are good, hot wings, bratwurst, ginger beef, dry ribs, etc. There is a pretty long thread about some real meals put in there. Much more imaginative than mine!

know what the thread is called i looked for it, but never found. im looking for a nice lunch kinda deal.

Dragin

Reaction score
Breakfast burritos from McDonald's work good. I grab them on my way through Hinton on the way to Mcbride throw them in on the way up the trail with a small thermos of Timmies and I have my own continental style breakfast when we get to the cabin!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You are only limited by your imagination and creativity!

They say, "one's heart can only beat so many beats and then you die!" So I have adjusted my riding meals to home cooked and mostly all natural foods trying to avoid the high sodium/high fat content of processed food.

Home made cabbage rolls, stroganoff, chicken pot pie, home made wings (cook up a whole box of the split wings with 11 herbs and spices) put into individual servings that fit into the aluminum take out tray that teddybear26 mentioned. When I want to be fancy and put a smile on snopro's face, I'll break out the jumbo shrimp and add a little garlic and lemon.

That thread that Summiteer gave you includes a post about pineapple upside down cake with carmel sauce.....:xmas2004_15:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the other day i brought 2 muff pots. 1 wasa breakfast with one with biscuits,bacon,and hashbrowns with a thermos of sausage gravy lol. second one had one of those pre cooked mini roasts from the grocery store with a couple buns and we were good to go. just let the imagination run!

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does everyone cook directly in the pot or do you put the food on in something to cook it so there is no mess??

jtilley

Reaction score
Boys boys boys.....i am the king chef of the muff pot. First Bacon wrapped scallops are wicked the bacon keeps them from burning and you dont have to worry about over cooking. Another fav is ham sliced up into chunks with a little brown sugar or hot sauce or even like a sweet and sour sauce delish!!! And thats just to 2. I have some that are secret and only use sparingly hahahaha

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u can cook with nothing in it or put a container in it or some oven bags or tinfoil anything works with those muff pots gotta love a hot meal in the bush

Top Bottom