What tires do you have?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most mud terrains will do pretty good in the winter. Toyo mt's are just terrible on the snow and ice. I really like cooper discovery SST, nitto mud grapplers, and MT baja claw (though they discontinued any decent size). I currently have nitto terra grapplers, but they are nothing special.

I am going with nitto mud grapplers now and will run them again all year round. Decently priced, unbeatable in mud and snow, decent on ice, and look right on a lifted truck. I just hate AT's on a lifted truck, looks so funny. Last set I had I sold with 10,000km on them and they were 90% of so, though I was rotating in the spare. Probably get 60,000km or so on a set.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had m-55...decent all around traction, dont last long (many diff trucks) and very noisy for a average grip tire. toyo M/T excellent off road, average wear, quiet and smooth (37s on 20's). nitto mud grapplers are such a waste of money, only good for off road, even then they arent as good as the M/T toyo and very nosiy on hwy. buddy just bought the kumhos so we'll see. ive has yokohoma geolander M/T's...little noisy, average wear, very good off road and look good but they only make up to a 35x12.50. us boys out here in redneck country are always playing in the mud
and backroading so we are always playing with different rubber etc.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got 80,000 + on a set of m55 on an 08f250, may have gotten more if i had rotated tires a little mor. work good in oilfield situations. gravel mud pavement, and yes they are a little noisey on pavement, have 3 trucks with them on and probably won't run anything else

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a couple buddies at pyramid corperation run them, i had a set, dad had a set all them under 50,000 kms. other than that they arent bad traction for the amount of tread there is.

greenlightning86

Reaction score
Dunlop Rover M/T Maxx Traction - Look of a M/T performance of a A/T. Dont waste your time cutting your tires and buy some with proper sipes.

Attachments

• dunlop.gif
    dunlop.gif
    52.7 KB · Views: 371

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dunlop Rover M/T Maxx Traction - Look of a M/T performance of a A/T. Dont waste your time cutting your tires and buy some with proper sipes.

i got a set of the same times, so far i'm loving them. the guys at stripe tech hooked me up. they had great service.

Big kid 33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have coopers with 100000km they look like they will get prob another 20 with good traction

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Toyos 255-70-16 studless ice tires, all around,on the 99 Chevy , stick like Snot to a blanket ?
my wifes Ford mini van has 4 BFs Blizzacks and so does her Ford Focus. I run good old studdded Wintermarks on my Ford Ranger.

Last week Thursday coming around Carvel corner north to 43 I came across a Semi right across the highway ,cars everywhere.Black ice, tryed brakes, NOPE,,trailer locked up first,let off the brakes and looked for open spot and aimed it at a angle across the ditch to the north bound side.Full throttle with the 99 Chevy pulling my 16 ft car trailer hauling a 98 NEON. 2 to 3 ft of snow and out I came on the other side with 2 RCMP cars staring at me?
The constable came over with his hand out, GOOD driving sir. we saw you never touched your brakes.then he walked over to my Chevy, Wow a 2 wheel drive,,with Good Tires, dont see many of those of pickups he said.Mostly all seasons people run.Nope, not me,My son bought those for me.paid dam near as much as We did for the old 99 chevy. I checked my pants ,Nope.. and headed home to Barrhead at 80 KPH.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Good on ya for driving through there and not piling it up Ken. My newest truck had 33.25 Fun Country II's installed and they weren't bad in snow and ice but did find them noisy on the highway and under breaking. Stripetech recently installed a set of 34" Toyo A/T Open Country's on my truck and they are much quieter but find they don't stick as well in the cold as the Fun Countries did. I'm not a big fan of the BFG's and they suck for early wear.

goonski

Reaction score
I got Kumho Road Venture MTs, and they are awesome! Excellent mud tire, great in the snow, a bit noisy on the highway, just crank up the radio!

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have kumho road venture mts. been through alot of tires and these are amazing. biggest lug and best pattern and ZERO road noise. works good in the mud road and snow. i have alot of miles on these and not even starting to wear. amazing tire. they look sick on trucks too.

kumvm2.ang.jpg

My buddy has those in a 35" on 03 dodge cummins and they are wearing FAST. In winter they turn hard as any mud terrain and act as hockey pucks but for traction i must say they do dig offroad.

On my truck im running procomp extreme allterrains and as far as im concerned after very good in any aspect except for wear. The tires are 37x13.50 and have 30 000 k and show little to no wear.

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run the hankook rt03 in a 285/75r16 and love them to death great traction in any kind of situation, i had them siped when i bought them and have never looked back

ST1

Reaction score
i got a set of the same times, so far i'm loving them. the guys at stripe tech hooked me up. they had great service.

Thanks for the props.

There's no subsitute for winter rated tires at this time of year!

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I just picked up a 2010 Silverado with the duramax. I put 6" of lift on it with 35's BF goodrich All terrains. It's not my first choice in tires, but I'm trying to find the balance between durability and awesome styling. If I was going to change the tires what would you guys recommend?

I would check out TOYO but go on the internet and see whats on it. Bf s are over priced and soft and dont wear good . But i recemend put the tire pressure at max at least in front and in back depends on towing up when towing and less when not. Depending on how you want the ride.:)

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out the goodyear Duratracks, they are really good in snow and ice and look like a mud tire also not very noisy on the hiway. Haven't seen them in the mud yet but so far so good.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 41000 on 265/75/17 goodyear duratrac on a chevy 1500 and they are the best tire i have ever run. They are decent on ice roads and unreal in mud and snow. I thought they were going to wear fast but there is easily another 30k left in them.

Attachments

• 0 037.jpg
    0 037.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 6-28 006.jpg
    6-28 006.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 45

bigdaddy35

Reaction score
Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ on my F350. 10,000km on so far and I like them. A bit of road noise but I usually can't hear it over the wifeypoo's yackity yack:realmad:

I find the treads pick up stones and toss them off at higher speeds. Not so good for tailgaters.

Can't tell ya about the mud yet.

Snow and Ice are fine. They seem to break loose a bit easy on wet pavement. The back end gets a bit sideways if on the skinny pedal a bit hard... wait, that's what the yackity yack is usually about.

I guess she'll have to walk:rolleyes:

Top Bottom