What the F*** is with BC mayors!!!

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So some of the mayors from larger cities in BC are suing the oils and gas industry for climate change. Victoria is on a friggen island do they have electric planes that fly people there? Is the ferry that brings people back and forth an electrically driven boat. What a bunch of friggen morons. Rant over!

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m feeling the anger too. I’m a BC guy but up to lately I have not engaged in the stupidity of politics. I spend a great deal of time in my little bubble working away.
lately I have pulled my head up to look around and Im seeing bc trying to self medicate on stupidity, real stupidity. This is not even close to reality, I’m not sure what fuels stupidity in a management position when your trying to sink the ship your in control of?
killing the oil fields is the new trendy thing to do not realizing once it’s dead...oh yah we need that stuff. Idiots!
Im a sad BC er.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m feeling the anger too. I’m a BC guy but up to lately I have not engaged in the stupidity of politics. I spend a great deal of time in my little bubble working away.
lately I have pulled my head up to look around and Im seeing bc trying to self medicate on stupidity, real stupidity. This is not even close to reality, I’m not sure what fuels stupidity in a management position when your trying to sink the ship your in control of?
killing the oil fields is the new trendy thing to do not realizing once it’s dead...oh yah we need that stuff. Idiots!
Im a sad BC er.

What's really scary is the federal leadership has the same ignorant anti-oil mentality. Canada may be headed for hard economic times like never witnessed before.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the first dumb statement I think I've seen from you!! You grow up on the island??

He may be off on the cause but bang on for the end result.
The .00001% is petty darn close to.
Sorry to see you hail from the area of holier than thou's.
You fix your province......we about to fix ours!!

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He may be off on the cause but bang on for the end result.
The .00001% is petty darn close to.
Sorry to see you hail from the area of holier than thou's.
You fix your province......we about to fix ours!!

I wish I could but I'm about as anti government as you can get!! I think the whole works of them are Fawked!! I'm not anti pipeline, thats for sure!! Sorry about your guys" luck

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the first dumb statement I think I've seen from you!! You grow up on the island??

No where near as dumb as railing against fossil fuels when your municipal and provincial economy is so dependant on the type of traffic that drives it, as in ocean traffic and jet/air travel. Seems they are more dependant on diesel/av gas/jet fuel/gasoline than many other locales. Makes no sense whatsoever. Grandstanding attention seekers,

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No where near as dumb as railing against fossil fuels when your municipal and provincial economy is so dependant on the type of traffic that drives it, as in ocean traffic and jet/air travel. Seems they are more dependant on diesel/av gas/jet fuel/gasoline than many other locales. Makes no sense whatsoever. Grandstanding attention seekers,
BINGO, what does the logging industry use to operate, how do all the tourists get around, how does the fishing industry work. How does all that fruit and wine get to market.
never in the history of mankind has there been a greater hypocrisy going on than we are witnessing on the west coast right now. Have any of these people looked in the mirror lately, drives me nuts.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
bingo, what does the logging industry use to operate, how do all the tourists get around, how does the fishing industry work. How does all that fruit and wine get to market.
Never in the history of mankind has there been a greater hypocrisy going on than we are witnessing on the west coast right now. Have any of these people looked in the mirror lately, drives me nuts.

hypocrisy at it's finest....

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally I have lived on the west coast and have a lot of friends and relatives there and I have to be honest I would be very hard pressed to find one who is anti pipeline but lots anti government. I think this is just another example of the extreme minority being the loudest just like every other social issue we face with. As for mayors, they are running out of creativity to get a pat on the back so they are attacking the oil and gas industry to get the spot light on them. Idiots!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if we go sledding and burn fossil fuel you might raise the earth's temperature and melt the polar ice cap and the West coast will flood and Hope will be the new coast? Better go and by some beach front property in Hope now.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally I have lived on the west coast and have a lot of friends and relatives there and I have to be honest I would be very hard pressed to find one who is anti pipeline but lots anti government. I think this is just another example of the extreme minority being the loudest just like every other social issue we face with. As for mayors, they are running out of creativity to get a pat on the back so they are attacking the oil and gas industry to get the spot light on them. Idiots!
Wouldn't something like this being conveyed by a mayor have had a vote by council? That in itself would suggest that the majority of that council is as retarded as he is?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ken, we are talking about politicians here what do you expect hahahahaha. I swear they sit up at night brainstorming new ideas / controversies just to justify their existence at city hall.

Wouldn't something like this being conveyed by a mayor have had a vote by council? That in itself would suggest that the majority of that council is as retarded as he is?

Top Bottom