What piece might this be?

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this piece of alum. Behind the primary clutch between the case and front of the tunnel (rear side of engine) I can't seem to see where it came from. (Without pulling everything apart) seems like a shield of some kind. Pretty light material.
08 xp 800
Any ideas???

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats the stock exhaust shroud coming apart near the y pipe. or maybe further down judging by the width.....happens on all of them eventually. nothing to worry about just check the pipe and make sure there are no more lose peices ready to come off.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to mine. Gentleman's bet that its from the bottom side

King

Reaction score
Same happened to mine. Just a hint while you are poking around there, take out your Y pipe bolts that fasten your Y pipe to your head, and locktite them. They all work themselves out from the factory and fall down into the bottom of the engine bay. Sucks when it happens 20 km back in the hills

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nailed it!! Bottom side of the clam shell broken. Also the rear engine mount on pto side was broke.
Thanks agsin

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same happened to mine. Just a hint while you are poking around there, take out your Y pipe bolts that fasten your Y pipe to your head, and locktite them. They all work themselves out from the factory and fall down into the bottom of the engine bay. Sucks when it happens 20 km back in the hills
nord-lock washers are a better option than loctite. more than a few stories on dootalk of people breaking y-pipe bolts off in the jug after using loctite and having to later remove them.

Top Bottom