What lift to buy for a 08 GMC 2500HD

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at BDS suspension lift 7" or Skyjacker 6" lift.
anyone got any input. How tough of a install????

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you looking to off road or just the coffee shop drive by. rarely see lift vehicles in any off road situation. your mileage will drop and handling will suffer as well as your pocket book.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
ive heard good things about the BDS lift... havent heard much about Skyjacker so i cant comment

have had a Trailmaster lift for the last 4yrs with zero problems

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you looking to off road or just the coffee shop drive by. rarely see lift vehicles in any off road situation. your mileage will drop and handling will suffer as well as your pocket book.

Lifts are not very friendly with the GMC/Chev front ends,.. they pretty much keep the little shops running around here.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the one that has new knuckles.
don't forget front axle spacers and new front drive shaft with double cardigan joint.

there not bad to put in,you do need to pretty much remove the whole front end.

oh and get some type of reinforcing kit for the idler and pitman arms.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fabtec makes a really good lift for GM and Chev make sure you get the Fab tec tie rod ends if you going to do more than be highway truck.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 on the fab tech we install them at the dealer,pretty complete solid kit

loffelbein88

Reaction score
I work at gm dealer.we install alot of 4inch ranchos.nice one piece sub frame wit spindles.the 6 inch fabtech is pretty much same lift but the sub frame is bolted together.the fab tech also doesnt widen ur front end very much as compared to the rancho.I know that the bds lift does not lower ur torsion bars so the center of the truck doenst hang low.but have never seen one installed in real life,my opinion any spindle lift will prob be all about the same.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like the rancho 4" but it's only a 2.5" true lift. rear 2.5"blocks.
do they make a true 4" lift?? thanks guys for all the input.
Still undecided:beer:

Looking forward to some snow

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i went on a bunch of forums today and they said bds is a cheap lift its good if u are on a budget but every one on that forum say cognito lifts are the best lift period for the dirtymax they say bds cuts down your turning radius by lots well thats my 2 cents:d

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a pic of a gmc with a 7 inch cognito lift on looks awesome :d

Attachments

• 2500_hd_Large.jpg
    2500_hd_Large.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 136

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that it counts for much cuz your talking Dirtymax, but the hubby has two lifted F350s - same year, same tires, same everything except the lifts. One has a 6 inch lift and one has a 4 inch lift - we both prefer to drive the truck with the 4 inch lift. I find it feels a bit tighter when your driving and the truck with the 6 inch lift seems more sloppy on the road - also much harder to get into the taller truck, specially now!

05 hondaman

Reaction score
I would have to vote for Cognito also, I have one on my 08 3500 drw 4" lift and it works awesome now. It also carries the weight good and pulls my holiday trailer god too. The only thing I had to change is the position of the carrier bearing, had to lower the mounting point by 1.5", but you should not have to worry about that as you are srw.:ThumbsupMsn:
DSCI0235.jpg

DSCI0236.jpg

Top Bottom