What kind of can should I get?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cats are just loud period. Gutless thunder. :d

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Gutless thunder hey? Last time I checked the 800HO stock had more ponies on the independent dyno test than the E-Tec did stock, but hey whatever I'd be mad too if I rode a doo:d

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha "funny cuz its true" sorta thing right there! and yeah cats are f loud

Coming from a guy that rides an 05 600 doo, my little sister rides a 600 man, maybe you could speak if you had a real sled:d

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gutless thunder hey? Last time I checked the 800HO stock had more ponies on the independent dyno test than the E-Tec did stock, but hey whatever I'd be mad too if I rode a doo:d

Maybe so. But my stock ETEC was out climbing pros this year. Power to weight man. Makes a difference.

Sent from my kickass HTC Desire because Apple sucks!

shockman

Reaction score
Hey drfat4, everone has an opinion on cans, but most are forgetting that your sled is an SDI and requires a spot to put ex. temp sending unit. MBRP is one of only a few that I know of that has that. I have a can here that was on my sons 600SDI for one season,still looks fine, I would sell it to you for $150 shipped to you.
Marc

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey drfat4, everone has an opinion on cans, but most are forgetting that your sled is an SDI and requires a spot to put ex. temp sending unit. MBRP is one of only a few that I know of that has that. I have a can here that was on my sons 600SDI for one season,still looks fine, I would sell it to you for $150 shipped to you.
Marc

The sdi has exhaust temp? I thought that was just etec?

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, the sdi has an exhaust temp... i've burnt through a couple of them. and at $250 each, i'm not real happy about it.

i took my sled out for one day last week and toasted another, only had the thing on for one day. pretty choked about it.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

*T-Team swoops in and throws wood on flames* .........Ski Doo Is better than Artic cat. *T-Team bails out and runs for door*

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the dealer can program them to run without the egt gauge. I run a dynoport on my 1000sdi a bit louder than stock at idle and barks pretty good when you wick it.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe so. But my stock ETEC was out climbing pros this year. Power to weight man. Makes a difference.

I hear ya on the power to weight thing, but the sled would have to weigh less to have a better power to weight. Me and a buddy weighed our sleds this year he has an 11 800 etec 154 and I have a 11 800ho 153, we both have aftermarket cans and a jerry can mounted on the tunnel and our sleds full of fuel and ready to ride were were within 4 lbs of eachother so really there is no difference, riding together this year produced mixed results, one day he would outclimb me and the next day I would outclimb him. Now outclimbing pros I can definitely see that, as I rode with a couple pros in chappel this year and they definitely did not impress me. They were nimble and light but were fairly weak when it came to putting out some power:d

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should get a set of twin pipes and rig up some blue bottles on the ends. A bunch of us in high school had em on our trucks, loud as hell and we thought we were pretty cool. Add a sled to the equation and your the coolest guy on the hill hands down!

Top Bottom