what issues do 09 163 800 dragons have?

gartho

Reaction score
They have engine trouble,factory recall on engines, I think it's to do with the pistons & heads. I see them being drung out all the time. Haven't herd how they run after the updates are done. The ones that run,the guys like them. I herd the 2010 m8 800 cat eats them up thou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That comes from a new owner of 2010 dragon 800,he ain't so happy:rant:

gartho

Reaction score
I"ll be riding with one next week,he's had the up dates done. I guess we'll see then???????:confused:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 800 CFI has definitely been problematic. Piston scuff, burn downs, bad voltage regulators. The 08/09 RMK update included 2 ring pistons to replace the single ring ones, new exhaust valve springs, new head, new fuel mapping, and better detonation detection. The short track sleds also got a new silencer included in the recall. Apparently, as of last week, there is a new fuel map update available. When they run it is awesome. I love mine, but it hasn’t given me any trouble. Although my pistons had a light scuff before it was updated. The update seems to have helped a lot, but some are still having trouble. Proceed with caution.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 800 CFI has definitely been problematic. Piston scuff, burn downs, bad voltage regulators. The 08/09 RMK update included 2 ring pistons to replace the single ring ones, new exhaust valve springs, new head, new fuel mapping, and better detonation detection. The short track sleds also got a new silencer included in the recall. Apparently, as of last week, there is a new fuel map update available. When they run it is awesome. I love mine, but it hasn’t given me any trouble. Although my pistons had a light scuff before it was updated. The update seems to have helped a lot, but some are still having trouble. Proceed with caution.

I was in revi last weekend and we had a ton of snow. 4-5 feet of heavy fresh snow and the only sleds working we the m8 cats. I was on a low boost nitro with a 153 and couldnt go anywhere with out a track near by. The dragons were trenching and stuck on the flats. That m8 chassis shines in the deep pow. I will have to admit it!!

t-bomb

Reaction score
Not sure if anybody plugged in the wire by the belt cover and foot well. This comes from factory unpluged and if you check the owners manual it is ment if you run a enthanol blended fuel (no matter what you can't run E85). If the fuel is not ethanol blended then it should be plugged in. The reson it comes unplugged they say if you are unsure then keep it unplugged.

GRD

Reaction score
I have an 09 with updates. Works good!:)

Attachments

• IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0817.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 30

loffelbein88

Reaction score
slow sled with lots of engine updates that are hit and miss.seen sum work and sum not.the 2010 seems to be way better.it now keeps up to my m.decent sled

King Shanker

Reaction score
I have a '09 800 Switchback 136" with updates. The sled ran awesome last year! The updates were done in October and since the 1st time out I've had issues with poor throttle response and needing to replace sparkplugs often. I took it back to the dealer last week and the latest flash was uploaded. It has ran very strong since with no other issues. Heading to the UP next week for some great sledding!:Snowmobile1:

Top Bottom