What do you think about the new 2017 Ford SuperDuty?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think they will be a big seller.
The 350 dually platinum is msrp at 93000. It will be the first truck to break the $100,000 mark.

I only saw 1 on the road so far.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think they will be a big seller.
The 350 dually platinum is msrp at 93000. It will be the first truck to break the $100,000 mark.

I only saw 1 on the road so far.
Time will tell a full load denali has been a pricey truck that is expensive too. I live in sicamous have not seen a new dually but quite a few 250s and 350s

devildogg

Reaction score
I had a 2015 F150 aluminum and thought it was one of the best 1/2 tons I ever owned, and yes I had a sled deck on with out problems or damage to the box with chunks of plywood under it. I recently went in to buy a 2017 350 and came out with a 16 I did like the 17s but with the unbelievable incentives on the 16s I couldnt refuse... HUGE savings and the 6.7 is fantastic

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could not imagine paying a hundred grand for a truck. That's more than I paid for my house.
Yeah it's ridiculous, I have been a Ford guy my whole life but it might be time to figure out what the prices are at GM and Dodge.

And hell for 100k I guess I may as well check out Freightliner too.

I guess it must be the dollar that has driven them up that high?

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Peterbilt Rep was by the other day offering the new 567 model at a bargan value of 230000.00 . Too bad the rates don't support the cost of the truck .

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove a new F350 Crew Cab Long Box Lariat single wheel the other day, very nice trucks and this is coming from someone that is not a Ford fan normally. The fit and finish inside is really nice and really quiet to drive. The ride seems fairly smooth for a 1 ton truck and the steering feel was excellent compared to my Dodge. Power was really good too, i think for daily driving it would be nicer than my Cummins but i still attest that you can't beat a Cummins when a big trailer is hooked up. Just about pulled the trigger but the high price drove me away and went to a 2017 Dodge Limited Longbox Dually (have driven the dually's for years) instead as it was 4k less than just the Lariat Ford.

Could be looking at a Ford closer next time i buy for sure.

Last edited:

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get the whole make the truck lighter and therefore better on fuel, but plastic and the cheaper feel have me feeling very reluctant...

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Peterbilt Rep was by the other day offering the new 567 model at a bargan value of 230000.00 . Too bad the rates don't support the cost of the truck .
Yeah there has to be a correction at some point.

Doo2015

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 2017 f350 platinum single rear wheel. Just a hair above cost and 0% interest so no where near $100k for the thing lol. I always said I'd never buy a Ford. I own a duramax that i use for work and I love that powertrain. I was shopping around for a mega cab cummins because I had a 2013 ram sport and loved the interior. I also prefer the Dodge body style. Then for fun I test drove a 2016 king ranch. I hated it. Finally I got a look at a 2017 platinum and I was sold. Traded the ram sport and bought it that day. Truck had 70km on it and at 130kph I was getting 14.1 to 14.7 L/100km on the way home. The interior is second to none. The features like trailer backup camera and tire pressure monitor for trailer are sweet. Has a nice bed liner so it should hold up. Truck rides good for a f350 and has tons of power. Massaging seats, moon roof are both nice touches. This is the only ford I'd buy as I do not like any other ford. Almost 800km on it so far, not one regret

Last edited:

mattsterz

Reaction score
I have the 2017 f-350 platinum duelly (first one in Canada). I have 3000km's on it. The power is crazy, massage seats are great after a day of sledding. I have no complaints about it,well worth the price. Someone mentioned damaging the box with a deck, I just use the 1/2" rubber mat and that works great. Mileage is same or slightly better than my 2010 dodge 3500 diesel.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I have the 2017 f-350 platinum duelly (first one in Canada). I have 3000km's on it. The power is crazy, massage seats are great after a day of sledding. I have no complaints about it,well worth the price. Someone mentioned damaging the box with a deck, I just use the 1/2" rubber mat and that works great. Mileage is same or slightly better than my 2010 dodge 3500 diesel.

ALSO BOUGHT A NEW 2017 fORD 1 TON.

Do you just use the trunbuckles with a chain or have you drilled through the box to bolt it down?

With my old Ford 1 ton I bolted down to the bed and it rested on a wooden box liner.
I am a little worried that the small plate used on the undeside of the box (plates that bolts attach) will deform the lighter box material.

Looking for answers from folks that have already mounted a deck on the new lighter box and have been using to haul quad/side by side. Any damage or deformity yet?

Thanks fellas. Would hate to damage a brand new truck because I never asked for assistance...

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when the 18's are going to arrive at dealers? If I'm not mistaken the F150's usually arrive in September. When I ordered my '13 F350 it didn't arrive until almost February. Due for a new truck this year. From some of the earlier posts in this thread guys saw the '17 SD's in October last year.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get the whole make the truck lighter and therefore better on fuel, but plastic and the cheaper feel have me feeling very reluctant...
frame is heavier than the previous generation though

Top Bottom