what do put a 4" lift kit front and back on my 98 summit x

theslam19_98

Reaction score
i want to put a 4" lift kit front and back on my 98 summit x. i seen one on a sled for sale and i would love to do this . where can i get a kit? what mods do i nee to do to put the kit in? and what mods do i need to do tp put a 151 on my sled? thanks for any help.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i want to put a 4" lift kit front and back on my 98 summit x. I seen one on a sled for sale and i would love to do this . Where can i get a kit? What mods do i nee to do to put the kit in? And what mods do i need to do tp put a 151 on my sled? Thanks for any help.

i raised the front almost 4", just by putting in zx shocks on the front. The rear is done by adding shock brackets.... There are older threads on how to do this. Post pics on what you've done already. You will have to move skid back and down and add rail extensions to fit the 151 and improve the track attack angle. Then you should put the tunnel extension on as well....... They are a great sled, and can still keep up to the newer sleds for the most part. 99summitx on the site just finished build his sled up, so post any questions you have......here's a pic of mine, even though i just sold it.

Attachments

• 129-2966_IMG.jpg
    129-2966_IMG.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 52

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOO! you sold it...... I've been working on the wife all week

Oh well saved me $3500 :beer:

I need to "wait to sell mine first anyway" the wife.

Bogger

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
would a 151" complete suspension out of a zx chassis 2003 summit fit my 98 summit x

it will fit, no problems, but i would personally look for a 151x16" wide track from an '04 and new rev..... That extra inch wide of track makes a huge difference on floatation and climbing. You will have to do some bolt and rivet mods for inside tunnel clearance, but well worth the effort. That 151 x 16" wide track will fit the '03 summit zx chassis skid! Then you could sell the 15" wide track and your old track and skid --- help offset the costs;)

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like ric said the will be some moddin to be done, I know the sc-10 and
sc-10 II are direct swaps but when you go to a sc-10 III there is a compleate relocation needed. I am eyeing uo a buddy's 08 XP X skid to see if it could be fabrecated in a s-chassis...will it never end, somebody kick me.

Send me a pm if you want me to come take a look at your plans and you can have a close look at mine.

Little hijack, Hey Ric I put a set of SLP twins and Digitron, up jets x3 sizes and drop my cklickers to 4, ran great all day, and sounds great got temps up to 1150max and rpm 7985 max so still go a lttle tuning to do, I'm thinking
1250max and 8100rpm, what do you think? By the way Big thanks to Glengine for a place to start o thr tuning.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
little hijack, hey ric i put a set of slp twins and digitron, up jets x3 sizes and drop my cklickers to 4, ran great all day, and sounds great got temps up to 1150max and rpm 7985 max so still go a lttle tuning to do, i'm thinking
1250max and 8100rpm, what do you think? By the way big thanks to glengine for a place to start o thr tuning.

good to hear.... Do you still have the dpm hooked up on yours? What are you running for jets now???

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to hear.... Do you still have the dpm hooked up on yours? What are you running for jets now???

Yep still running the DPM for now, gotta make this modding thing last you know, little at a time. For jets I went from 340/350 to 370/380 up at Blue lk which is around 6,000' I think. Could be run a little leaner looking at temp or get rpm back up to 8100 and we'll see. You know your gonna miss that old sled, I hear it all the time "I wish I would'a kept that old 670":beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ric, what shocks from the ZX did you use? What size upper and lower eyelets if you can remember and what travel?

99summitx - where are your probes placed? Keep an eye on plugs and wash and don't jet according to EGT's, jet according to plug colour unless you have calibrated your EGT to the plugs.

Aluminum starts to melt at 1340.....LOL

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hey ric, what shocks from the zx did you use? What size upper and lower eyelets if you can remember and what travel?

99summitx - where are your probes placed? Keep an eye on plugs and wash and don't jet according to egt's, jet according to plug colour unless you have calibrated your egt to the plugs.

Aluminum starts to melt at 1340.....lol

i just know the shocks were off a zx summit('02?).... That's all i know. Wasn't a bad job... Just some clearance issues, but sure rides better.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just know the shocks were off a zx summit('02?).... That's all i know. Wasn't a bad job... Just some clearance issues, but sure rides better.

What kind of clearance issues? I have found some from the ZX in the past with 18" c to c or 16 3/4" c to c (fully open) both of these compress to 11 1/4". Could they have been 18"?

They are both listed for the ZX chassis. I'm thinking the 16 3/4 would be good to try but if the 18" fit not bad then I'd be willing to try a set. Let me know what you had to do to make them fit.

Thanks.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ric, what shocks from the ZX did you use? What size upper and lower eyelets if you can remember and what travel?

99summitx - where are your probes placed? Keep an eye on plugs and wash and don't jet according to EGT's, jet according to plug colour unless you have calibrated your EGT to the plugs.

Aluminum starts to melt at 1340.....LOL

Thanks, probes are about 4" up pipe from flanges, I checked plugs a couple time the first day, nice light brown after a good long WOT pull so didn't fiddle after that. Was a very warm day.

Top Bottom