What Did You Do In Ur Garage?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1AFD2AF6-2865-44E6-B925-E234B5472A0E.jpeg

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went thru my kids little 125 NKM sled, fixed up seized Brake and choke cables, built/machined a new choke knob, since the plastic one was buggered, fixed the muffler that broke off, and cleaned the carb. Installed L.E.D tail/ brake lights since the lens was busted off and made new hood latches from old bungee cord. Then go for a test ride and the darn thing just ratchets the track. Turns out all the little drive lugs are ripped off so it has nothing to drive off. Well, after some contemplation, decided it needs some extroverts!! Lol. So thats what we did today, turned out good! Can run the track loose now and goes no problem! Cost me 5 bucks in coupling nuts and the plate I had lying around!
Heres the old Set up, just drives off the little nubs on the edge of the Track.
AC24AAB5-2DC9-4958-A87B-376DBF40410E.jpg
and Heres the new and Improved Version
D4437956-7C9E-4639-93F9-90B687823869.jpg 6874C6B4-EA65-4E68-B60F-9CBD80F4A5A1.jpg

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just went over a guys 800 dragon he was not comfortable doing it so I showed him how to maintain it took the power valves off found one spring broke other very weak did compression test changed drive oil cleaned both clutches greased skid suspension he was happy her didn’t even know how to change his belt

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a winch on rear of sxs and a new one on front. I found this battery selector switch at Princess Auto and substituted winch for battery. #1 is front, #2 is rear and you can run both at same time or off. All off 1 remote.
df343326bcacbfeebb9988429f617bc9.jpg
ccbacdcef2e06f085bdc97d4287aac43.jpg
bf186aecdc49d83f225499e6cf1803dc.jpg
a288d376a76dc83f65a1d6a30346fc5e.jpg

Last edited:

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went thru my kids little 125 NKM sled, fixed up seized Brake and choke cables, built/machined a new choke knob, since the plastic one was buggered, fixed the muffler that broke off, and cleaned the carb. Installed L.E.D tail/ brake lights since the lens was busted off and made new hood latches from old bungee cord. Then go for a test ride and the darn thing just ratchets the track. Turns out all the little drive lugs are ripped off so it has nothing to drive off. Well, after some contemplation, decided it needs some extroverts!! Lol. So thats what we did today, turned out good! Can run the track loose now and goes no problem! Cost me 5 bucks in coupling nuts and the plate I had lying around!
Heres the old Set up, just drives off the little nubs on the edge of the Track.
View attachment 231545
and Heres the new and Improved Version
View attachment 231546View attachment 231547

wow - great job!

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a winch on rear of sxs and a new one on front. I found this battery selector switch at Princess Auto and substituted winch for battery. #1 is front, #2 is rear and you can run both at same time or off. All off 1 remote. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210110/df343326bcacbfeebb9988429f617bc9.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210110/ccbacdcef2e06f085bdc97d4287aac43.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210110/bf186aecdc49d83f225499e6cf1803dc.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210110/a288d376a76dc83f65a1d6a30346fc5e.jpg

How did you mount the back winch?

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
workbench.jpeg

Been picking away at this since early fall. Insulated the roof and left the rafters open for storage (never doing that again), added heat, drywall, mud and taped and then found an old set of kitchen cabinets on marketplace and installed them. First time doing any of this so it has been a pretty good learning curve...with lots of beer. Just put the top on today and now trying to figure out what I want to put on the plywood to protect it. I'm all ears if any one has suggestions.

Eventually when I build my shelves for storage up top again and get the disaster cleaned up in the middle of the garage, I will paint all the cabinets and make every thing pretty but right now I am just getting the bulk of the work done so I can clean up and make some room to throw the winter tires on our trucks...hopefully before June haha

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 231586

Been picking away at this since early fall. Insulated the roof and left the rafters open for storage (never doing that again), added heat, drywall, mud and taped and then found an old set of kitchen cabinets on marketplace and installed them. First time doing any of this so it has been a pretty good learning curve...with lots of beer. Just put the top on today and now trying to figure out what I want to put on the plywood to protect it. I'm all ears if any one has suggestions.

Eventually when I build my shelves for storage up top again and get the disaster cleaned up in the middle of the garage, I will paint all the cabinets and make every thing pretty but right now I am just getting the bulk of the work done so I can clean up and make some room to throw the winter tires on our trucks...hopefully before June haha

nice! What about skinning the bench top with some steel. Pick your preferred thickness, have a shop bend it into an sort of “z” shape so it goes up the wall maybe 4-6” and then across the bench top and finally down the front edge to act as an apron.
my bench tops are done in arborite, its actually quite tough, I beat the snot out stuff and never messed it up yet.

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 231586

Summit mentioned covering in steel

I'll mention Aluminum.
If it's going to be a wood working shop leave it wood or paint/clear it, maybe router edges. If you're working with grease/oil mechanical I'd cover it for easy clean up.
Lookin' good.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I plan on doing some wood working and also mechanical and welding. Where that 2x4 and clamp are is where the mig and tig are going and then a welding table beside that eventually. Getting steel bent is a good option and then at the same time, I have been watching videos of people covering them in epoxy so I'm not sure what to do yet.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UOTE=mclean;2876784]I plan on doing some wood working and also mechanical and welding. Where that 2x4 and clamp are is where the mig and tig are going and then a welding table beside that eventually. Getting steel bent is a good option and then at the same time, I have been watching videos of people covering them in epoxy so I'm not sure what to do yet.[/QUOTE]
PB110004.jpg I went with steel on mine. spray it with wD40 when cleaning it, keeps it from rusting and leave a nice shine. The Lemon Pledge of the man's world. I would not use aluminum as suggested. too soft and the oxidation will alway be a problem.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UOTE=mclean;2876784]I plan on doing some wood working and also mechanical and welding. Where that 2x4 and clamp are is where the mig and tig are going and then a welding table beside that eventually. Getting steel bent is a good option and then at the same time, I have been watching videos of people covering them in epoxy so I'm not sure what to do yet.
View attachment 231601I went with steel on mine. spray it with wD40 when cleaning it, keeps it from rusting and leave a nice shine. The Lemon Pledge of the man's world. I would not use aluminum as suggested. too soft and the oxidation will alway be a problem.[/QUOTE]

Nice. That looks really good

And men use lemon pledge too. I use it on my rzr and sled and even on the Harley haha. It is a huge discussion on the Harley forums

Top Bottom