Well?

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You think they would bring a refined sled to the show. They must of run out of money and waiting for snowcheck money to be able to finish them off.lol.

Reaction score
Well instead of name bashing I would like to put in my 2 cents about the new Cats. I have owned Cats new since 2007 and now have an 09 M1 and absolutely love it. The new 800 feels really comfortable with the handlebar angle and position and overall even though it is not the sled for me I was impresed. I was quite dissapointed in many things on the 1100 though, I am concerned with the bar steering post angles as it was exactly like the XP angles, I hope it doesnt steer like one cuz the Xp,s are very uncomfortable for me. The room in the tunnel doesnt look like it is gonna cater a 3" track and that is not good as it is one of my favorite mods. The same crappy rear shock is still there and that is an easy fix and I noticed they reinforced the rear 2 wheel kit which is good cuz they were weak. The engine compartement is packed and looks like she is gonna be hot and access is tight but hopefully we wont need to get in there. Storage is gone and the only way to get some is to put something on the tunnel. We lifted the front end which is definately heavier than my M1 but way lighter than the Yamaha. I like the looks of the sled and I like a lot of what they did but I am not going to snowcheck one as I will have to get some seat time on one first. I am not bashing the sled but it did not overly impress me yet but maybe on the hill it will be a different story. So lets have some constructive critiscism people and quit name bashing, it is a waste of time! Sorry for the long winded post.

I have to agree with u, i thought overall the sleds did't look to bad but there was alot of issues with fit and finish, for example whats with the two piece belt guard, i seen a guy take it apart and then take 20 mins to get it back together again(lol not really), and the spare belt holder looked like something u would buy at the trift store, also no storage, same crappy powerclaw track and its 2 1\4 notheless, whwn everyone else has a 2 1/2... the list goes on.

Seems cramped under the hood and get this its heavier then the M sereis not buy much but i mean C-mon, my buddy hated how the side panels come right off, have to agree, and whats this new trend where everthing is more expensive but everything looks cheaper, lol.

I felt a little better when i went over in the doo section and they had a eletric start button tie wraped on there sled, thats it nothing else it was just on there with two little tie wraps, my god great engineering, also they moved there handwarmer down below the handlebars and now its operated buy a 50 cent toggle swith u can get it at rona, or home depot on sale for a about 10 cents, the guy there told me they wanted too "clean it up a bit" ffs its
a 14,000 dollar machine, we all know there not worth it but at least try to make us believe they are.

All in all i thought the new cats would be better lets hope they can prove me wrong on the hill, but that remains to be seen, for now i take my M over any of them, but poos are starting to peak my interest if i could just trust the engine.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Years ago I borrowed a buddies AC quad for hunting while mine was in the shop being fixed. After riding the thing hard for along weekend I couldn't believe how much chit I busted on the damn thing. Ended up costing me some big bucks to get it back into shape for my bud. Back then I thought the AC quads were built cheap, using cheap switches, levers, plastic, etc.
I was all exited with this new design for the sleds and had all intentions of snow checking one until I got a personal update from one of AC's factory riders after he had a couple of beers. He told me that the sled has real potential but he was going to be modding his heavily in order to get it to do what he wants. Then I seen the sled first hand and noticed all the cheezie brackets and lack of fit and finish and that POS quad came back in mind :eek: I made my decision and checked a Poo today. Never owned an RMK before but here we go :d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what I hate is when some dumbazz on a doo thinks he can climb with the big power and gets his sled stuck...

IN MY WAY:d.

the only reason hes in your way is cause the yammy has to hijack the doos track if it ever wants to get anywhere.lol make your own track and he/ she wont be in your way. just sayin. j/k

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Years ago I borrowed a buddies AC quad for hunting while mine was in the shop being fixed. After riding the thing hard for along weekend I couldn't believe how much chit I busted on the damn thing. Ended up costing me some big bucks to get it back into shape for my bud. Back then I thought the AC quads were built cheap, using cheap switches, levers, plastic, etc.
I was all exited with this new design for the sleds and had all intentions of snow checking one until I got a personal update from one of AC's factory riders after he had a couple of beers. He told me that the sled has real potential but he was going to be modding his heavily in order to get it to do what he wants. Then I seen the sled first hand and noticed all the cheezie brackets and lack of fit and finish and that POS quad came back in mind :eek: I made my decision and checked a Poo today. Never owned an RMK before but here we go :d

Tabster will love it if it has cheezie brackets....he's addicted to Hawkins cheezies.

Last edited:

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only reason hes in your way is cause the yammy has to hijack the doos track if it ever wants to get anywhere.lol make your own track and he/ she wont be in your way. just sayin. j/k

haha!!! I dont think a 300+ hp sled needs to poach a little baby bombi track! :d

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the new Cats looked much better than they did in the pictures. The "A" arms looked very vulnerable and the front bumper is pretty much useless. What was with that big hole around the steering post? will it end up be full of snow? The torque link looks like a good idea, the steering system was nice with less parts to break. Time will tell if it's a winner!!

Trench:beer:

There gonna fill that in with some plastic and can be removable for the goggle dryer pouch from what I have herd.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sent our daughter there to check out a new Apex for the wife.

Attachments

• !cid_IMG_9416.jpg
    !cid_IMG_9416.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 94
Top Bottom