well .. couldn't wait any longer

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not as deep as chris brown's post .. but got the XM wet and put a few clicks on her

only bent one ski on a stump, buddy broke a scratcher .. not too bad for a shallow day climbing through trees and stumps

IMG_1577.jpg

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not bad at all.

So how do you like your XM? What are your thoughts on the new skid? How’s the track hook up?

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not bad at all.

So how do you like your XM? What are your thoughts on the new skid? How’s the track hook up?

unfortunately I didn't really get a chance to form any opinions .. coming off the rev I spent most of the time trying not to fall over off to the side.. add a really heavy shallow snow base, and us trying to dodge semi hidden stumps while getting used to new sleds .. it made for a short ride .. but sweet as hell

had to go full pin a few times and man that thing hauls ass .. still in break in mode too .. cant wait to get full power.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i REALLY think this new skid is going to be for deep snow conditions
which in all fairness is what its built for

so fare the general consenus is that its easy to "flick" .. (sorry had to ;) )
but is anybody of the opinion its too "tippy" on limited snow?

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i REALLY think this new skid is going to be for deep snow conditions
which in all fairness is what its built for

so fare the general consenus is that its easy to "flick" .. (sorry had to ;) )
but is anybody of the opinion its too "tippy" on limited snow?

i'm sure people will get used to it. snow depth? isnt it usually easier to tip a sled in deep snow rather than shallow?

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm sure people will get used to it. snow depth? isnt it usually easier to tip a sled in deep snow rather than shallow?

ya for sure
when you have the deep snow to "hold up" the sled, the XM wont feel as tippy, but is easy to get to that tiping point
I think on the trail up or limited snow conditions, its really going to feel unstable (according to what I have been hearing .. I have no personal experience on one)

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i tell you one thing .. I'm in NO HURRY to remove my sway bar !!

might even put stiffer springs up front..

just something I have to get used to .. specially coming off my rev

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

thanks for that………….I was going to doo that today but then I had other things to doo!

When I greased the spindle bolt I noticed that the spacer can be moved to get a wider stance if is too tippy. Just another thought.

And please tell us that you are on your knees in that picture…………………:D

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for that………….I was going to doo that today but then I had other things to doo!

When I greased the spindle bolt I noticed that the spacer can be moved to get a wider stance if is too tippy. Just another thought.

And please tell us that you are on your knees in that picture…………………:D

Think i'll keep the narrow stance and mess with the spring rates a bit .. keeping the sway bar on until I get used to it .. might yoink it out later !
No kneeling there.. that's how deep the snow was, but he was probably standing on dirt in that photo ... that's actually the owner of my local shop .. figured i'd go riding with him in case I break something expensive I might get a good deal on replacement parts (that's smart thinking)

What a nice guy... my truck deck wasn't ready, so he picked me up.. now that's service ;)
IMG_1578.jpg

Nice at least you got out, where did u go?
Brohm.. could've made it to no name, but decided to turn back due to hidden tree stumps and digging dirt randomly .. TOO SOON !!! too soon ...

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

depending on what you weigh, if you are over 200lbs I would even run the heavier sway bar from the 08/09 sleds. I am sure you can find one lying around in someones garage. It will provide a little more stability and hold a line better when climbing.

• Thanks
Reactions: LBZ

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depending on what you weigh, if you are over 200lbs I would even run the heavier sway bar from the 08/09 sleds. I am sure you can find one lying around in someones garage. It will provide a little more stability and hold a line better when climbing.

Are these a PIA to remove like the Rev's were or not too bad?
I know where I can get one off an '08.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are these a PIA to remove like the Rev's were or not too bad?
I know where I can get one off an '08.

Nope, they just slide out. There are two holes that have plastic grommet covers you can pop out to slid it through (well atleast on the XP)

I would try the stock bar first. If you find after several rides you need a little more stability then try the heavier bar. Not everyone likes it. Some people still swear you have to pull the sway bar on the newer sleds. With the 36" stance they tend to not hold a great line when climbing. Even when sidehilling the sway bar tends to have the ski hold an edge better. Again, some people with say otherwise.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I felt this way last season going from the 08 to the 12. just the narrower stance was something to get used to. no sway bar on 08 but didnt feel the need to remove it on the 12. Im betting it will be the same on the XM. I only put 3.5 km on it in the yard on hard packed snow but it didn't seem to bad as far as being tippy.

I also noticed that in my shop on flat concrete, both with the flex track and the 3" Camo it was equally easy to lay over. i could literally do it standing beside the sled and only use one arm.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I felt this way last season going from the 08 to the 12. just the narrower stance was something to get used to. no sway bar on 08 but didnt feel the need to remove it on the 12. Im betting it will be the same on the XM. I only put 3.5 km on it in the yard on hard packed snow but it didn't seem to bad as far as being tippy.

I also noticed that in my shop on flat concrete, both with the flex track and the 3" Camo it was equally easy to lay over. i could literally do it standing beside the sled and only use one arm.

yup I noticed the same .. just wait till you get her in some deeper stuff .. i constantly had to fight not to fall over.. i'm sure i'll get used to it after a few rides and become one with the t-motion.

Top Bottom