Weather Advisory Thread

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
West Edmonton today. I’m outside the tracks of Henday on the outskirts, but still freezing for city temp.

Attachments

• IMG_4536.jpeg
    IMG_4536.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 48

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a cord running from the Rv to the house so it’s available over the winter in case of an extended outage we will have some power - 4 kw enough for some heat and lights

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It says due to low wind and generation challenges. If only we had a reliable energy source we could tap into.

We have danielle smith working on it though,so not too worried.

Wish i bought that generator a couple weeks back though. Lmao

My power never went out, but my parents did for 3 hours today and its -40...
Mine was out yesterday for 4hrs. Woke up and main part of house was down to 11. Had to drag generator out and hook into the Generlink and get a fire going. Might have to buy a real standby generator. The Generlink works well but yesterday I'd rather of heard it start than me dragging a unit from the shop.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was out yesterday for 4hrs. Woke up and main part of house was down to 11. Had to drag generator out and hook into the Generlink and get a fire going. Might have to buy a real standby generator. The Generlink works well but yesterday I'd rather of heard it start than me dragging a unit from the shop.

Think Im going to go buy a 10kw generator in the morning, just a cheap one. I got a new hot tub, and don't want it to freeze.

A real standby system maybe in the near future, with the way things are going with green energy BS might be a good idea

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
A tad chilly out there. I’m 10 minutes west of stony but spring lake is close and the weather station. Three is going to be a lot of broken water/heating lines with water damage everywhere. We’re already getting the calls. Large hi rise buildings are having issues, hospitals’ etc. yikes.
IMG_0247.png

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
A tad chilly out there. I’m 10 minutes west of stony but spring lake is close and the weather station. Three is going to be a lot of broken water/heating lines with water damage everywhere. We’re already getting the calls. Large hi rise buildings are having issues, hospitals’ etc. yikes.
View attachment 278050
This cold sucks. It’s been non stop chasing issues trying to keep plants and wells going. Just got a call for 3 compressors that the coolers won’t start. Keep tripping overloads on the fan motors. Now we have the Herman Nelson’s going just to heat the motors and fan bearings to get them to start turning again. Have had about 5 hours sleep since Thursday morning. Got a few more days but it’s going to be tough. We’re just fixing problems and by the time you get it solved it’s already froze up again. -20 can’t come soon enough. I hope when the sun comes up today it helps out a bit.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear you I run a gas plant as well, -40c is where the party gets rough. propane don’t like it.. keep chugging looks like a few more days.

This cold sucks. It’s been non stop chasing issues trying to keep plants and wells going. Just got a call for 3 compressors that the coolers won’t start. Keep tripping overloads on the fan motors. Now we have the Herman Nelson’s going just to heat the motors and fan bearings to get them to start turning again. Have had about 5 hours sleep since Thursday morning. Got a few more days but it’s going to be tough. We’re just fixing problems and by the time you get it solved it’s already froze up again. -20 can’t come soon enough. I hope when the sun comes up today it helps out a bit.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sask power is supplying Alberta with 153 MW of Power, our draw is 11459 no more than the other night. This is more someone saying watchout.

It depends on what the power plants are capable of producing, some plants could be down right now.

Required contingency reserve is 409MW right now, but there is only 303MW available to be dispatched. If one power plant goes offline right now, the whole grid could be overloaded and the whole province could go dark, or at least part of it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cochrane has lost power since 3:39pm but up again I believe minutes ago. Siksika nation lost power this afternoon for a period of time and some areas around Vulcan are down now. Not a good scenario.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Playing grid roulette right now at work, it’s ridiculous, we are completely down and making 6MW, currently using 3MW of that power for essential services like boiler,booster heaters and hot water pumps just to keep the plant from freezing and up and our Bio system from dying. Cmon Monday lol. What a night to be the CRO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom