Weather Advisory Thread

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't know I was living in a critical alert my wife has just been evacuated from her office in okotoks by the fire department.

that website is the best go to there is.

Also, its a BAD idea to go whitewater rafting on these flood waters.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Our High river project is under water, apparently the 6' fence is submerged, cars were abandoned, they crews had under 10 mins from the warning to waist deep water.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cousin is a nurse at the High River hospital. They have been put on lockdown, her car is submerged and they have just now been evacuated to the 3rd floor! High River is a right off now. No one allowed in and rescuers are hauling stranded peeps out of town in big dump trucks.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fair chunk of Sundre is mandatory evac. the river is a little high

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Our High river project is under water, apparently the 6' fence is submerged, cars were abandoned, they crews had under 10 mins from the warning to waist deep water.

Just got this photo of High River.

high river.JPG

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cousin is a nurse at the High River hospital. They have been put on lockdown, her car is submerged and they have just now been evacuated to the 3rd floor! High River is a right off now. No one allowed in and rescuers are hauling stranded peeps out of town in big dump trucks.

Yep, I went to do some site checks upstream of there today and it was insane in Okotoks, I drove through at 8:30 and there were some people just pulling out of the camp ground by the bridge, by 11 am on the way back through it was 3 ft deep in water. The river in Black Diamond and Turner Valley is higher than I've ever seen it, its right up to the bottom of the bridge with massive trees going by, you can physically feel huge boulders moving along the bottom of the river. Pretty crazy!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The town of high river is requesting public assistance in the form of boats to help with rescue efforts

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The town of high river is requesting public assistance in the form of boats to help with rescue efforts
Why don't they just commadere the ones floating around? Lol. I have a friend who owns a boat repair shop and was told a few have floated out of his yard and one is wedged under the bridge in High River.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, I went to do some site checks upstream of there today and it was insane in Okotoks, I drove through at 8:30 and there were some people just pulling out of the camp ground by the bridge, by 11 am on the way back through it was 3 ft deep in water. The river in Black Diamond and Turner Valley is higher than I've ever seen it, its right up to the bottom of the bridge with massive trees going by, you can physically feel huge boulders moving along the bottom of the river. Pretty crazy!

The main bridge into okotoks is closed the water is almost over it.

http://bcove.me/5kfgxuve

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SRD is going to close the Maclean and waiprous quadding area's too is what i am hearing.. our club cancelled the ride at Hunter Valley Road which is in the wiaprous area...
In Calgary here there are about 6 communities that are being evacuated now.....

Top Bottom