WEAR your HELMET

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Showed my kidz these pics just to drive home the message of how important it is to wear your helmut and drive responsible( what ever you are driving)!!!!!!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ive had MANY bike accidents, but not on street bike, but it was dirtbike. The very first time i rode a dirtbike i was five and it was a PW 50 that my dad got from the dump and put bicicle forks on it, Well i pinned it full bore and didnt know where the break was and i went all out in the side of my dads shop. OUCH!

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i found that sight w/pictures and write up...he didnt survive that....we kinda new that tho...

KDX MIKE

Reaction score
ATGATT!!! ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME NO EXCUSES. MY ONLY OPTIONAL PIECE OF EQUIPMENT ON MY BIKE IS A CHEST PROTECTOR. OTHER THAN THAT ITS BOOTS PANTS JERSY GLOVES AND HELMET OR I DONT RIDE.

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been down on my street bike twice. Once because a guy turned in front of me and I had no choice but to hit him, the second was driver error and I broke my shouder.
No matter how you look at it bikes have more risk. I still have my street bike.

Glad your ok after those crashes SBR....By the way for those of us who don't know ......Whats it like to go down on a motorcycle???....please explain all aspects........:)D pics if you have plz) :alol2: Her name also plz...:bdog:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been witness to 2 bike accidents, one fatal. Both were of course the "cars" fault, but not necessarily completely. Bikes accelerate at a very rapid rate. In one instance the bike left on the green light so quick that he obviously did not have time to react to the truck turning into the gas station just beyond the intersection. He broadsided the truck. Died from internal injuries. Other was a similar situation. Bike came out of parking lot onto main road, accelerated rapidly, but a car ahead was pulling into the main road as well. Bike hit the back end. Guy walked away luckily. It's bad combination of both in my opinion. Vehicle drivers here are not prepared for bikes, I thinkn in part to the short riding season. Spring comes and the bikes are out all over. It takes people a while to adjust to the bikes being back each year. Other problem is some of the bikers are so excited about spring, and they want to "open her up". A bad mix. My parents forbid me to get a street bike, and now that I am an adult and see what goes on out there, I forbid myself to get a street bike. Just to crazy from both ends. I'll stick to snow.

For all you street riders here on S&M....watch yourselves, be safe and have a great summer of riding.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate the damn saying every year when the season arrives " People have to adjust to bikes being on the road", people should be driving with a heighened sense of awarness all the damn time doesn't matter what time of year. The majority of the drivers out there are idiots and don't know how to drive no matter what. I ride a sportbike and have had plenty of close calls, but nothing I couldn't get out of because I'm aware of what going on around all the time.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate the damn saying every year when the season arrives " People have to adjust to bikes being on the road", people should be driving with a heighened sense of awarness all the damn time doesn't matter what time of year. The majority of the drivers out there are idiots and don't know how to drive no matter what. I ride a sportbike and have had plenty of close calls, but nothing I couldn't get out of because I'm aware of what going on around all the time.

Spot on there. You have to assume that nobody can see you and everyone is trying to hit you. :beerchug: :shots:

Clenly187

Reaction score
all i can say is ouch.......as stated before NO helmet would've saved that guy, and how the hell do ya run into the back of a semi at 120 mph?
:nono:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

But as much as you "hate" it, it's a fact of life here in this predominantly winter city. I agree with you that there seem to be ALOT of people here that are idiot drivers. Thing is spring hits and the bikes are suddeenly on the road. One more thing for the idiot drivers to miss.....or hit!! As soon as I see the first bike on the road I start my watch for them...unfortunately there are many that don't!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
EVEN A "FEW" BIKERS ARE IDIOTS... LIKE THE GUY PULLING INTO OUR PETRO- CANADA YESTERDAY MORNING DRIVING ACROSS THE PARKING LOT AND THE ICE ON THE SURFACE AND HIS BACK WHEEL FLIPPED OUT AND HE DROPPED THE BIKE(GOOD THING IT WAS AN HOLDER HONDA, AND NOT SOME $30,000.00 HARLEY. SOME SCRAPES ON THE BIKE AND PAINT, BUT HE WASN'T INJURED. THEN HE SAYS "WHERE'S ALL THIS ICE COMING FROM?" :confused::eek:...... WELL, DUUUUHHH!!!!!!!!! IDIOT!:rant:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i never ride my mountian bike without a helmet .... you never can be to sure of even another bike hitting ya ..... smoking the head on a rock or something similar isnt a good thing

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
i saw a guy yesterday that was pulling wheelies from the lights and so on. kind of hard to be a defensive driver when your front wheel is 2 feet off the ground. and wait, he'll get into an accident and say nobody was looking out for him or something like that. BUT..... he was wearing his helmet.lol.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are idiots on all sides of it. i see idiots in cars, trucks, bikes etc... it all comes down to the driver.

that is one of the problems, the IDIOTS make a lot of drivers actualy dislike or not even car about bikes bacause of the goof ball they see wearing his sandals and no shirt doing a wheelie and they figure he deserves to go down and in my opinion I wouldnt mind seeing a little road rash on that guy either.
When I ride on the street I ride like I am invisable, if I avoid being in a blind spot or avoid hard acceleration when there is side streets in front, IO assume everyone is going to hit me! but there is always a chance you will go down.
ITS NOT IF YOU ARE GOING TO HIT THE GROUND! BUT ITS WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO HIT THE GROUND!

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
EVEN A "FEW" BIKERS ARE IDIOTS... LIKE THE GUY PULLING INTO OUR PETRO- CANADA YESTERDAY MORNING DRIVING ACROSS THE PARKING LOT AND THE ICE ON THE SURFACE AND HIS BACK WHEEL FLIPPED OUT AND HE DROPPED THE BIKE(GOOD THING IT WAS AN HOLDER HONDA, AND NOT SOME $30,000.00 HARLEY. SOME SCRAPES ON THE BIKE AND PAINT, BUT HE WASN'T INJURED. THEN HE SAYS "WHERE'S ALL THIS ICE COMING FROM?" :confused::eek:...... WELL, DUUUUHHH!!!!!!!!! IDIOT!:rant:

Hope ya don't end up in the courthouse !! :(

Top Bottom