We have a winner! Miss Extreme - Emily Moreshead - Be Extreme - Rod Whelpton!!!

Extreme Velocity

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
It was very close. Tightest contest in five years! After our local bank president, Mark Hensley of Valley Bank in Kalispell, tabulated the totals from the judge scores and the on-line voting we have a winner....Emily Moreshead.

Amy Flowers was a very close second, winning the on-line vote, but couldn't make up the difference from the judge scores and Emily's second place on-line vote. Amy will get the new Sled Heads 4 and Mountains & Mud 4 DVDs.

Be Extreme Contest - due to lack of participation/entries we kept the contest to just the judge component. The winner this season is Rod Whelpton from McBride, BC.

Look for Emily and Rod in Sled Heads 5. They will be dressed in HMK clothing and boots, and Fly helmet, True Adventure gear back and gloves, a new sled wrap from Machine Inked, a subscription to Snow Tech Magazine, Scott goggles, t-shirts and hats from Team Hard, rail extensions from Ice Age, and quickclickers/slidekicks from Between the Lines Designs.

Keep posted for action pics from Emily this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was very close. Tightest contest in five years! After our local bank president, Mark Hensley of Valley Bank in Kalispell, tabulated the totals from the judge scores and the on-line voting we have a winner....Emily Moreshead.

Amy Flowers was a very close second, winning the on-line vote, but couldn't make up the difference from the judge scores and Emily's second place on-line vote. Amy will get the new Sled Heads 4 and Mountains & Mud 4 DVDs.

Be Extreme Contest - due to lack of participation/entries we kept the contest to just the judge component. The winner this season is Rod Whelpton from Edmonton, AB.

Look for Emily and Rod in Sled Heads 5. They will be dressed in HMK clothing and boots, and Fly helmet, True Adventure gear back and gloves, a new sled wrap from Machine Inked, a subscription to Snow Tech Magazine, Scott goggles, t-shirts and hats from Team Hard, rail extensions from Ice Age, and quickclickers/slidekicks from Between the Lines Designs.

Keep posted for action pics from Emily this season.

:realmad: THERE MUST BE A MISTAKE.:nono: LOOK AT THE POLL DIFFERENCE, @ CLOSING.:eek: THERE MUST BE A WAY TO APPEAL:confused:

OR IS IT JUST ME????

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll post for ya there piston.

First of all congrats to all the participants in this contest, you can all out ride me!!!

I would like to know what the breakdown is on your voting, how much the judges are weighed compared to the online votes. To be giving away that much stuff and have no real answer will just prove that this was rigged. THERE IS NO WAY that someone can win by almost 500 votes after doing that much work to get the word out that she still comes in second. She WON by almost as many votes as the total votes as the last place person.

We will be patiently waiting to see EXACT numbers as to how this was weighed out. Failure to show will at least let all of us over here know what a rigged contest this was from the start, and that you already had a winner chosen from the start. Why even have a contest with a public vote? If you are then prizes should be based on a public vote alone, not a made up combination between the two. Please facotr out for us also how mnay HUNDREDS of votes more than the 500 she already had over second she would have needed to overcome your judges vote, should be interesting.

So, let me be the first to say congrats to the Snow and Mud's Miss Extreme Amy, even though you got taken for in the ocntest we really know who got first! :beer:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
"So, let me be the first to say congrats to the Snow and Mud's Miss Extreme Amy, even though you got taken for in the ocntest we really know who got first!"

DITTO...

Bogger:beer:

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
I would like to congratulate our friend, Rod Whelpton (Snow and Mud's "Adrenaline", a supporting vendor on here, as well as a huge supporter of the local snowmobile club). Many Snow and Mudders have ridden in McBride with Rod and all would agree that he is a perfect choice for the Be Extreme Guy. No-one deserves this honor more than Rod does. YIPPEE!!!

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your support and votes. It was fun to meet so many of you on the forum and on the hill. I hope that I can continue to meet you all cuz your such a great group of people!! :bow:

I got to meet Emilie this past weekend at a Ladies Ride in Oregon. Congrats to her and I know she will do a great job in the video! :Happy6:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your support and votes. It was fun to meet so many of you on the forum and on the hill. I hope that I can continue to meet you all cuz your such a great group of people!! :bow:

I got to meet Emilie this past weekend at a Ladies Ride in Oregon. Congrats to her and I know she will do a great job in the video! :Happy6:

You have a wonderul grace about you. Congratulations on being awesome!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Congratulation to Emily on the win and Congratulations to Amy for being our very own Snowandmud Miss Extreme here on the site.
I'm glad Rod won the Be Extreme contest too :d I ride with Rod almost everytime I'm in McBride and I can tell you he won't disappoint in his performance. That man can ride :beer: :beer:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Congrats to both the winners, Emily and Rod. I know Rod personally and suggested this contest to him as I know he would put on a good show for Thomas and for the video. It was a hard secret to keep as the Mens contest closed before the votes even took place, we wanted to announce that Rod won at Mountain Mania but it was too early. I don't know Emily but she must have impressed the Judges, as the 500 spread in the votes wasn't enough to get Amy by, so am looking forward to watching the video next season. Again congratulations to both of you.

I would also like to congratulate Amy for kicking butt on the votes, and being a great sport, you'll always be our winner at SnowandMud.

ronkytonk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The contest was fixed!! Don't bother having a poll online just to get traffic to your Tahoe site. I will not purchase anything Tahoe untill there is a detailed explanation how the "voting" works!! I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. It is just bad PR to hold a public poll than go against on how the public votes. I hope your not surprised on the response but me as a voter and watching the contest closley as well as recommending the Tahoe site to friends and family I feel cheated.
-RonT-

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The contest was fixed!! Don't bother having a poll online just to get traffic to your Tahoe site.
-RonT-

Bam! Couldn't have said it better myself.......

Tic Toc Tic Toc, Waiting to hear word on how this voting thing works........ and when the first three people who PM'd you will be getting their DVD's......

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I entered the mens side and didnt even get a shot,Congrats Rod as I know you will impress.The right guy won for sure but they really have to decide if this is a contest or a search for a super rider,because even in the 649 I have a chance.Im not any where near the rider Rod is but I was under the impression this was a contest!
catmando!

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I entered the mens side and didnt even get a shot,Congrats Rod as I know you will impress.The right guy won for sure but they really have to decide if this is a contest or a search for a super rider,because even in the 649 I have a chance.Im not any where near the rider Rod is but I was under the impression this was a contest!
catmando!
I woulda voted for ya catman, but just like the female side I don't think my vote would have counted.........:eek::eek::rant:

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow buddy, you used your first Snow and Mud post on me!!! I feel so special... LOL. Thx Perry!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im kinda sad to hear the news, but good job regardless and I know ya would have done us proud... and good on you and your hubby for being very polite... we will ride again soon....

congrats to Rod and the other winner (sorry forgot her name already), have fun ride hard...;

Top Bottom