Wakeboard/Ski towers

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, I have a question for all of you members with towers, first off, here is my boat, 19ft Regal 2002

JordanB-DaytoMay2007046.jpg

Looking to put on a tower, nothin too fancy, something that matches up with the boat with weight distribution, looks etc. Dont need the big speakers or nothin, have a good stereo that works for the " family " boat. Can anyone point me in the right direction, for an aftermarket tower, who also can install, I've been workin the phones with no success, gotta be someone on here that can help........no????? Thx in advance..

Edit: I'm in the Reddeer area...

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a place in edmonton called boat gone wild i think they are on 148th street they have been in business a short time and seem to have a good rep.

other then that call cars rv and marine, they did a friend of mines larsen, i think he paid a good penny but good workmen ship and he went with the roswell tower which is a higher end brand of aftermarket tower

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shipwreck or Barry Jay should be able to help you, Regal dealer won't
install?

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The roswell towers are good and monster towers are good too, you might have some good luck talking to Clint Cole at wizard lake marine he is good to talk to and will have some good advice on where to go and he might have some that would work for your boat.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The roswell towers are good and monster towers are good too, you might have some good luck talking to Clint Cole at wizard lake marine he is good to talk to and will have some good advice on where to go and he might have some that would work for your boat.

X2 on tower choices and believe it or not a buddy just had his tower installed last summer by a shop at Shalom park along the river by Rabbit Hill. Very pricey but nice job. Install it yourself, the monster's are pretty easy, measure twice drill once.

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the replys fellers... I did phone Wizard last year, talked to a young guy, was mostly rude, and said they have no time/not really interested unless I was buying a boat.

Kinda put it on hold, but kids are getting bigger, and probably want to try wakeboardin this year, so might as well see whats out there.

Thx again....:beer:

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rubicon:

i think you will find this years that the dealers are a little more customer oriented than last LOL

I have done them all. Monster Towers are a good, inexpensive option. Pretty easy to install by a mechanical dork like me.

Roswell - made here in the CHuck - but on the high side. A great tower though.

I would see what the dealer installs for your boat. I find a tower an absolute must for boarding, footing etc. Frees up the interior of the boat, etc.

Greg

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the replys fellers... I did phone Wizard last year, talked to a young guy, was mostly rude, and said they have no time/not really interested unless I was buying a boat.

Kinda put it on hold, but kids are getting bigger, and probably want to try wakeboardin this year, so might as well see whats out there.

Thx again....:beer:

I would call and talk to clint he used to run the hyperactive watersports shop in edmonton and now is running the new proshop at wizard lake he is a great guy, I deal with him for all my watersport needs. I believe the additudes are changing. I would get a tower it is way easier to get up on a wakeboard you will love it.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rubicon:

Roswell - made here in the CHuck - but on the high side. A great tower though.

Greg

Roswell is now made in china or in that area now, My boss is robert oswell's cousin, way cheaper to built out there, but the head office is in edmonton.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Roswell towers are on sale at Barry J's, Area 52 bare tower is $1750..racks are extra.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Price dropped to $1650 so I got one for myself with a wake rack, ski rack and a mirror.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet I put the Ltd (Black) 52 on mine I'll try to get some pics this weekend.
Did you put it on yourself? or get them?

No delivery for two weeks, waiting for next shipment of new tower as they now come prewired with gromets, quick disconnects and transfers at no etra cost.Going to do it with some sled friends and some beer....hopefully no extra holes!!!:eek: Still thinking about the speakers they have on sale since boat already has the upgraded amp???????

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
....hopefully no extra holes!!!:eek:

Oh yah I hear you on the holes! I put mine on and was a dumb a$$ and try to do it myself. Thankfully I stopped after one misplaced hole. Then I got a few friends together:)beer:) and did it right. The wrong hole is hidden under one of the feet so no one will ever see it:d The only advice I'd give is if you can get five people to help that would be perfect. One guy on each leg and one with the drill(owner of boat). I got the rack with a wakesurf/wake board combo on each side and the knee board fits perfect in the surf rack. Ski will have be the only thing in the boat. Seems like the Ski spends more time in the boat then in the water, last year anyway.

Top Bottom