VeRNoN HiLL ClimbB April 7, 8, 9, 10, 2016

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The promo video from Saturday. The drone footage was great. I even managed to slip in there (#33). Must have needed senior's content

I have a swack of pictures from Sat\Sun. Just downloading and I will post a few. Somehow - all my pictures of the talent at the beer gardens are blurry........

This was a great event. Being a Silver Star "local", I know the hill worked hard on the organization and it showed. Plus I talked to a few of the servers at the Red Antler (I have been seeing these kids all season), and they were so impressed with the racers and their crews/ Way more fun ( and generous) than the normal family ski crowd.

There was some great energy in the village all weekend. Next year will be bigger and better from what I hear. I am already making plans for the snow bar at my place for the event!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460413766.011834.jpg

Thanks for the swag Dave.......first time I've met mr ozone...........your a special character

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So with Carl winning everything he entered in the 800 class plus King of the Hill does this now mean Skidoo makes the best mountain sled? Or does this change every race weekend? lmao!

Uh oh. What happened in Jackson than?? Polaris took all the stock classes and than some.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uh oh. What happened in Jackson than?? Polaris took all the stock classes and than some.
And Doo did in Vernon. The joke I am making is if it was the sled then shouldn't they win everything? Just giving a bit back is all. lol:p:beer:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And Doo did in Vernon. The joke I am making is if it was the sled then shouldn't they win everything? Just giving a bit back is all. lol:p:beer:
From were I was watching Kuster would win on just about anything. They should make him ride a yamaha just to even it out a bit.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
His turbo open mod crashed and broke, and if I recall not from his crash

Makes a big difference if u can't compete from a crash

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
His turbo open mod crashed and broke, and if I recall not from his crash

Makes a big difference if u can't compete from a crash

True, my point was look what poo has done at the biggest hillclimb event this year and previous riding stock sleds taking stock classes.

I don't believe Vernon and Jackson HC is in the same league, and I'm not digging at Carl I'm picking on the brands.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True, my point was look what poo has done at the biggest hillclimb event this year and previous riding stock sleds taking stock classes.

I don't believe Vernon and Jackson HC is in the same league, and I'm not digging at Carl I'm picking on the brands.

It's not far off...the course this year was nasty. Some seriously big names wiping out hard

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have been to Jackson a few times. It is steeper at the top and not a straight shot over the last pitch like Silver Star was. Gets chewed up bad with rocks showing. They dont get near the snow Silver Star does.
That chewed up stuff was where the rider ability really showed. All the sleds were able to go up but the rider made the difference in my opinion.

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been to Jackson a few times. It is steeper at the top and not a straight shot over the last pitch like Silver Star was. Gets chewed up bad with rocks showing. They dont get near the snow Silver Star does.
That chewed up stuff was where the rider ability really showed. All the sleds were able to go up but the rider made the difference in my opinion.
The last 100 meters is steeper then it looks .....really pull the motor down.... rider yes at that point made the difference

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not far off...the course this year was nasty. Some seriously big names wiping out hard
I Agree 100%.... the snow conditions and a combination of the sled classes.... made the track challenging for eVeN the most skilled.. Great job from the organizers to keep everybody guessing... knowledge and adaptability played a factor.... as the track changed through out the day

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

2nd year the VeRoN HiLL CLiMbB has been going... the SPoRT will grow Leeps and bounds in the next few years... LeTs See What HaPPeNs...VERNON..Great place to hold a sport such as this and the support from vernon and the surrounding area is proving that this STYLE OF HiLL CLiMbBing is sustainable.... SILVERSTAR has the charm and SPARKLE.....the facility SiLVERSTAR rivals any other areas in all aspex from parking to viewing to entertaining to lodgingETC....

Top Bottom