vega

skiloch

Reaction score
Me and some buddies heard about vega and are heading there tomorrow , can any one give me some specifics about where to go after we get to vega, and where to stage? I know about the ferry but that's about it . Any help would be appreciated.... thanks .

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vega

Not really the greatest riding area, they really need a cat in there to get rid of all the woops.

Once you get off the ferry just follow the main road, after about 3 km there is a camping turn off on the right. I am not to sure if its marked or not but that where we have staged in the past.

I hope you have a good ride.

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
Vega is an awsome place to ride....in my opinion. There are a number of place to "stage"
1. As soon as you get off the ferry, about 100m up the main road, there will be a road that is on the right. Following that road till u find a place to unload. This road will eventually end up at where UkrainianMudKing is talking about.
2. Follow the main road up too the top of the hill, on the right there is a power line which heads east/west. Can unload there
3. Just after that spot is where the power line starts to head north/south. (a little tid-bit...this line supplies Slave Lake with power...so I have been told) This would be the spot that UkrainianMudKing was talking about.
4 Keep following the main road will take u to many more turn outs, roads, oilfield leases.
NOTE!!!!!! Your not allowed to use any offroad/receation vehicle on the SOUTH side of the road. Only on the North side:nono:

And yes, the place could use a cat, but at the end of the day, you will be a PRO at mogals!!!!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vega is awesome with a bike, lots of woops and one good hill to climb.

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
Vega is awesome with a bike, lots of woops and one good hill to climb.

there is actually two GOOD hills to climb
1. Power Line Hill- which is right by the ferry
2. Pop Can- which is at the end of the power line trail to the creek, hang a right on the top of the cliff, and follow that trail down a ways. Trail should "Y", stay left and it should be less then 100m off that trail.....real good climb, not alot of room to take a run at from the bottom.

When it gets wet out, the muskeg holes get pretty challanging for the 4x4's and the creek is easy to cross/play in when its dry out. Getting to the creek is quite the ride with all the whoops.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the hill just past the ferry. Not much of a run so its a good climb. The other two pics are from the one staging area. I have only been there once but would love to go back.

Attachments

• Big hill 1.jpg
    Big hill 1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Big hill 2.jpg
    Big hill 2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Vega trail.jpg
    Vega trail.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Company truck F450.jpg
    Company truck F450.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 81

Landrew

Reaction score
I was being a bit of a punk and made it up the big hill in the picture there with 1 hand up in the air waving once I got past the hump after the road at the bottom. In 3rd gear on a CRF450 you almost have to hit the brakes at the top. I was showboating for the quadders, would have been quite a show had I of crashed and augured in - the steering does get a bit twitchy riding like that. Soemtimes you need to be a kid.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guy guy vega is good for a sport quad or dirt bike but those big trail quads its hard with all the bumps. i went there on sunday i was a blast i only fell 2 times and got stuck once. i think went west to the creek and there was a creek with logs in the midel wich i fell in to the water there was also ice chunks in it very cold. my dad almost sunk his bike in a mud hole but it was all fun!

Last edited:

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If going there on utility quad for the trails etc. Take chainsaw. Lots of the trails are covered with downed trees fromthe wind on the 25th. Was there on Sunday as well and had a good time except did not take the chainsaw. Defineatly needs some tender loving trail stewardship. Talk of getting a cleanup crew together on the outlaw site.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If going there on utility quad for the trails etc. Take chainsaw. Lots of the trails are covered with downed trees fromthe wind on the 25th. Was there on Sunday as well and had a good time except did not take the chainsaw. Defineatly needs some tender loving trail stewardship. Talk of getting a cleanup crew together on the outlaw site.
realy me too mabey i saw you and yea its frusterating you find a sweet trail then you have to turn around ou go around the logs.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
realy me too mabey i saw you and yea its frusterating you find a sweet trail then you have to turn around ou go around the logs.

Yeah maybe, We staged at the area just after getting off the ferry and were on 2 red grizzlies with flat deck Dodge. Saw a couple people but not alot out there so yeah maybe we did see you.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah maybe, We staged at the area just after getting off the ferry and were on 2 red grizzlies with flat deck Dodge. Saw a couple people but not alot out there so yeah maybe we did see you.

yea i did see you i have a yamaha ttr 125 and my dad was on his xr250r i was wering a hoodie and blue pants helmet exetra.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quad there a lot ,just get off ferrie and drive up the hill about 400 yards turn right on dirt road lots of places there to stage.trails are marked well make your way down to the river the views are awsome ride safe go widowmakers

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 of us were there on Monday was my first time there.The ferry operator told us we should take a chainsaw if we had one. We cut some of the fallen trees but there is probably lots more to clear off the trails.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a group of the outlaws may be going out either saturday or sunday to do trail clearing. I will keep the site posted on what day...we are just trying to figure which one is best. Just going to try to do our part to keep every one on the established trails and be safe.....make it fun.

Top Bottom