Vari-flow

Aaron.M

Reaction score
I have a 99 Mountain Max 700 and a few buddies have ask if I'd like to go out mountain riding in Revy. I got thinking that I dont have any altitude compensators or anything like that to adjust my fuel mixtures and may be a waste of a trip. What's recommended for this? Someone told me to get a vari-flow. is that the way to go?

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 had the older version of this on my 01zr 800 longed to 136x2. Use to be called a tempa flow. Compensated for temp but you manually had to adjust for alttitude worked like a charm.
Used it here in sask, valemount and cooke city. Just install the main jet that you run for your coldest temp and lowest elevation (usually the manufactures specs if you want to play safe) Then from there i had to give it a 1/8 or a 1/4 turn for every 2000 foot elevation change. Only thing that you needed to be careful with was if you stopped for any length of time(1/2 hour) you had to be cautious the first mile as the temp of the tempa flow could be different which they said could result in a lean fuel mix. I drove the bag off of mine and never gave me any issues. Only once got Kat tails in it had to pull it apart clean and recalibrate.
The new one they have appears to work very similar to the BRP DPM system except no control over the engine management systems.

good luck with your choice

Aaron.M

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I'm not much of a tuner so I'm thinking just for the simple ease of use, I might check out the Atacc system and see if it's everything it claims to be. I have no reason to doubt it's performance.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran an ATACC on my 03 Cat with no problems....I have a buddy who has been running one on his 03 Cat SINCE 03 with no problems.

Aaron.M

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a distributor in Red Deer. Im pretty sure Cycle Works and Snow West in Edmonton sells them but not sure about Red Deer.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Danno out at Extreme Machines (Sylvan) a call....he can get pretty much everything.

Top Bottom