Vancouver Canucks for the Cup

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm on the fence......I like boston and would like to see them do it again....if Toronto somehow did manage to take out the bruins I would cheer them on just for the fans......the nost loyal fans in the nhl who don't turn their backs on their team because they don't win.
I read somewhere the leafs merch is the biggest seller of any team in the NHL

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Agree 100%

i'm on the fence......I like boston and would like to see them do it again....if Toronto somehow did manage to take out the bruins I would cheer them on just for the fans......the nost loyal fans in the nhl who don't turn their backs on their team because they don't win.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I agree sort of, if that is possible. TO definitely has the fan base. I have to cheer for someone as both my teams are out (Vancouver and the Oilers)! I picked Ottawa because I hate listening to Bob Cole rant and rave about the Canadiens or the Leafs; he is such a "homer" that I don't know how he holds down his job. He is misses so many things and gets so many things wrong, that statistically, he is worse than a friggin' weather man and we know how bad they can be!

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be BIG changes, 16 players are signed for $64,000,000 thats is what the cap is or it may even be down just slightly for next year. So some things gotta move. Maybe the Palm sisters??

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I am a team who needs regular season scoring help, I ask for the sisters. The asking price will be huge. Two first rounders I am sure if not plus.

Try and make the deal. Play them all season. They get the team into a playoff spot. At the deadline, trade them. I know, the unthinkable. Who would do such a thing. They can't handle playoff hockey anyways.

sent from a top secret location

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a little article I found online, pretty fummy IMO.

Y! SPORTS

It's the refs fault, really it is..............lol. And some of them STILL haven't gotten over the fact that they lost the 2011 SC to the Bruins and are still very bitter. I hope none of you guys are part of that group of crybabies.

Stop blaming the goddamned refs - Canucks Talk - Canucks Community
They made some sh!tty calls ,but that was the least of their problems.llHF Hockey is better anyways.cheers

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The commentators said they had a hard time with the first round hockey ticket sales.......... Said wasn't even half sold out, almost like no 'nucks fans cared about the first round or 2, automatically thinking they were in the 3rd round or better........ They eventually put all the tickets remaining for 1/2 price and sold only 3/4 of the total tickets.....Not even a sell out :(

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry AkNomad but unfortunately there is some true to this. The players played like crap and deserve to be out of the playoffs BUT the refs were again horrible considering even the TV play by play announcers making similar comments. So it is not just the fans. I dont expect you to understand though as NHL has a love affair for Boston which is also well talked about. Anyway, good luck to your team :beer:

Here's a little article I found online, pretty fummy IMO.

Y! SPORTS

It's the refs fault, really it is..............lol. And some of them STILL haven't gotten over the fact that they lost the 2011 SC to the Bruins and are still very bitter. I hope none of you guys are part of that group of crybabies.

Stop blaming the goddamned refs - Canucks Talk - Canucks Community

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The commentators said they had a hard time with the first round hockey ticket sales.......... Said wasn't even half sold out, almost like no 'nucks fans cared about the first round or 2, automatically thinking they were in the 3rd round or better........ They eventually put all the tickets remaining for 1/2 price and sold only 3/4 of the total tickets.....Not even a sell out :(

It was a sellout, still the longest active sellout streak in the NHL.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
sorry AkNomad but unfortunately there is some true to this. The players played like crap and deserve to be out of the playoffs BUT the refs were again horrible considering even the TV play by play announcers making similar comments. So it is not just the fans. I dont expect you to understand though as NHL has a love affair for Boston which is also well talked about. Anyway, good luck to your team :beer:

Bad calls get made against everyone.... Vancouver is not singled out. Nor is everything called in Boston's favor.....I hate that comment/excuse.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the stat on pp vs sh during this series. Stats don't lie. I can appreciate some lop sided result but this is way too much. Anyway lets just agree to disagree on this topic :)

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
The stats on short handed to pp means nothing on bad calls.... It means one team got more calls against not that those calls we're bad.... I'm not sayin bad calls aren't made but they DO NOT make or break a series. Your telling me based on penalty minutes in the old days the league was against Philly and Philly didn't play dirty?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry I disagree. If the team is playing "their system" the way they are supposed to but cant seem to gain momentum because of poor/non calls then how can they play their system? Take a look at Mat Cooke and Torres, they both had to go thru major changes to change their way of play and that was not corrected in one game or a series. I just dont buy the fact that a player can modify their game based on refs calls overnight. For the record, if the refs are going to make the calls for one team they have to do so for both. Then that is fair game.

The stats on short handed to pp means nothing on bad calls.... It means one team got more calls against not that those calls we're bad.... I'm not sayin bad calls aren't made but they DO NOT make or break a series. Your telling me based on penalty minutes in the old days the league was against Philly and Philly didn't play dirty?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad calls go both way. It happens. Is one call missed going to affect a series? It shouldn't.

Can a bad or missed call lead to a goal against? Sure but again over four games it shouldn't be an issue.

The last few seasons watching Vancouver try and draw calls is horrible. That will play part in them drawing their own penalties. Man up and play the game they are paid millions of dollars to do.

sent from a top secret location

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree it will be an interesting season. We have a coach that is out to prove himself, a goalie that wants to silence his critics and the twins eager to show they can get the job done.

This is the year, I can feel it. Should be a interesting season.

Top Bottom