v-belt drain issue

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So im riding in Nordegg this w-end....crossed a river but it was flowing fast, pushed me a little deeper than i wanted to go,anyway the v-belt filled up with water...need less to say i lost all motion...so i drained the v-belt and i could move again
Question is: Is there anything else i should check so i dont screw up the machine?

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So im riding in Nordegg this w-end....crossed a river but it was flowing fast, pushed me a little deeper than i wanted to go,anyway the v-belt filled up with water...need less to say i lost all motion...so i drained the v-belt and i could move again
Question is: Is there anything else i should check so i dont screw up the machine?

was it clean water and what came out? if it was clean and clear u should be ok, but it never hurts to remove the cover and give it a visual. chek/change diff oils...

t

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the water was clean for the most part...the last bit to come out was a more muddier color....but it was all water no mud....so just wear did that water come in....my other yamaha crossed the same river but no water?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
the water was clean for the most part...the last bit to come out was a more muddier color....but it was all water no mud....so just wear did that water come in....my other yamaha crossed the same river but no water?

The water would have came in through the exhaust or the intake for the belt.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i always change my grease in primary after every time i swamp my clutch.

it sucks but then you dont have some chance of your rollers getting pre maturely worn.

also clean the belt sides and the clutch plates because most likely grease will get on them somewhat if you got water in there.

just my experiences with swamping my 660 heh

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
every time you sink

and every spring is how i usually do it.

also i do it if my clutch is squeaking or anything like that and it usually takes care of it.

Top Bottom