UTV with a blade

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of replacing the old quad with a UTV but would like anyone that has one with a blade to let me know how well they push snow.Do you need to chain up or add weight?

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope. They plow awsome. use to use a 660 grizz now use the 700 rhino. It is a lot of fun. The heavier machine makes a big difference

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What make of blades does everyone have on there UTV. Im lookin for one for this winter for my teryx. Im also lookin for a cab, Which is better, Hard or soft cab? Its only gonna be on for the winter and the windshield is gonna be on year round. Suggestions??

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the moose 72" blade and a half windshield. DO NOT GET a half windshield the snow comes right over the lip and directly into the face. The full one would be a lot nicer

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a piece of plexi glass or lexan that you can rig up for the winter. And leave you half shield during the warmer temps.

Ya for sure. I was actually thinking of geting a sheet of plexi or lexan and making a 1 peice windshield/roof. But im gonna make it 2 pieces but they join together at one point to make a seal. Well see im gonna hunt some down tommorw.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cabs are very pricey.

I bought a blade from the Yamaha dealer. I don't recall what the brand is at the moment. It has an electric actuator to lift it up and down. It slides into the front receiver that would be used to slide a winch into. Anyway it was 1600 clams and I am not happy with it. Because it only has one mounting point (in the center) it will fold like a cheap suit if you run it into a hard snow bank at more than 1 mile/hour.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i was over on the Teryx forums and guys there use the on hunterworks sells. Its a Eagle plow i think. some guys say the brackets bend on them easy but that they now have a fix for it. The only thing is shipping from the states would kill me. But he does offer free shipping in the US so i might just get it shipped to the border and pick it up there.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a full piece of lexan(there must be a trick to drilling holes because i almost destroyed mine)and a soft top/back combo from cabelas,with a 60 inch blade from winsor rv in gp.just need a heater set up beer holder......

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to drill into lexan or plastic material do not use a standard drill bit buy a bit made for drilling glass and tile the egdes on most drill bits are to sharp and will catch and crack the material

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to drill into lexan or plastic material do not use a standard drill bit buy a bit made for drilling glass and tile the egdes on most drill bits are to sharp and will catch and crack the material

Ya i know i got some different drill bits for plastics and Lexan. I cant seem to find anyone that deals in the tinted stuff though. Im gonna keep lookin.

o and i forgot to mention i have found a blade from the states. Its made by eagle plow. I think im gonna go with one of these as i can get it 520 shipped to the boarder. From what i have read on other forums, they seem to be a good plow for the money. And for what the dollar is at right now its worth to shop down south.

kdrj

Reaction score
I picked up a 54" x 18" piece of lexan at Sabic Polyshapes for $50, clamps at Greggs Dist. for a couple bucks each and made a template and shaped the bottom. 1/4 is tough to bend but a little effort makes it work. The 1/2 windshield makes the ride a lot warmer. Inset the windshield inside the roll cage so any impact is on the roll bar.

Albertan

Reaction score
I installed Yamaha's 72" plow on my Rhino this past weekend, and have been very happy with it. I have a plow on one of my Honda quads and it's completely useless. This factory plow for the Rhino is very well built, easily detached when not needed, and cost $999 as I recall. Cheers. :beer:

Top Bottom