UTV Tracks

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol, glad to see you are enjoying the tracks, they seem to be enabling you to go farther and see things from a winter perspective.

you will be an old pro, before you know it. lol.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yuppers, much smoother then Cat D-6 wide pads, Ha and more fun.

No brakes today in sticky snow as UTV Onda would go into slow down mode once off the throttle.

Tracks are the Dogs Bark in winter time, it will be a must for us from here on in as they have traction and flotation in the right mix.

Couldn't change anything too make them better as they allow for adventure.

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We could see it from a distance.

Looks like the rubber tire units are hung up on this hill, good thing as the back side is even steeper,,, would of been a bear-cat had the unit made it past this spot.

Lots of kms getting back there, but well worth it as it opens up into slash-lines that are dammed steep. Did some track chewing in a few areas off this road.

She's tuff going in the norm season as the wash-outs, ruts, and swamps claim most units, I checked it out last summer and it looked too challenging that time of year, glad I returned with tracks on Snow pack as it was mostly easy going less the side-hills and hidden holes that could use a bit more snow.

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always 2 ways too tackle the hills, snowmobile fast, or chew your way up, both options getter done.

Today's ride reminded me of my Elan 250 wide track and Ski-roul single lunger.

Both units were slow, but dammed fun for farm operations and trail riding,,, UTV with tracks is kinda the same in some ways less the fast "Ye Ha" factor.

Another thing that comes too mind is letting the unit run most the time with out over heating, don't need too zip along like liquid kooled sleds. Slow tight tree operations work good here in Alberta, so BC run is in the works.

Time has come for the 100 hour check up, very surprised I haven't knocked any boggy wheels off yet considering all the rocks and downed trees I've run into.

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting out of it before option 2 turns into OP 3, 4, and on.

On the climbs its nice too know when too say Whooooo there big boy,,, digging tracks down too low adds challanges too back up for second run at the hill.

The front and back tracks have steep V that are not friendly too backing up as they dig down and inward causing them too not get back on top of snow pack.

For me at least, I find it good too slug it out just enough to know how much snow too pile-up behind the tracks that allows me too back-up for another run at it,,, most hills with sticky snow are 1 time shoots, as fluffy wind blown hills take 2 kicks at the can, Ha. "some times that is."

The majority of hills have been good, and it was never in all my thoughts that tracks on a UTV would even climb up most of them,,, my plan was to flat land, but the amount of snow cover has made it possible too run the hills this year.

Areas in BC coming up will most likely not be forgiving as there is no base too dig down too, so shallow and flat land operations might be the plan,,, and taking advantage of sled packed down areas on the trap lines.

Bring on the areas as tracks need different areas to travel.

Lem

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to a guy yesterday he put ice racing screws in the tracks for plowing his acerage. Said it really helped on ice.

Just short 1/2 screws

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This might be the plan Arff.

T-4 tracks are ready for 2 kinds of studs.

Holes in the lugs for the screw in kind, and there is a YouTube video of folks drilling in new holes in the flat sections as they add the flat-washer style that protrud from in-side/ out-ward,,, this type of stud are bullet proof as they stay intact no matter what.

Even spinning out of rocks they seem too hold in there.

Still thinking of what idea best suits my needs.

Lem

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy runs these ice racing screws in his tracks

723c332754fc8657e1f189ffad57b3d8.jpg

Work really well on the ice plowing snow with his quad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you guys seen the new apache backcountry tracks in the mtns yet? WOW! 2" lug as well!!
Time to win the lotto. I need these!!!

Top Bottom