Used Ski doo prices

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As mentioned I believe you are a little high but that is just an opinion. I will show what I would expect to be closer based on the searching I did most of the summer having sold a used sled and purchased a left over, so prices will reflect that. X or SP in the newer models is tough because of the limited differences unless its a T3.

Since we purchased a new left over 2016 163 for $12,000 all in a used 2016 should come down, a lot. Why spend $13,500 on a used when you can get a new left over. Options are limited but there were quite a few 153, SP, T3 and so on. You can get a brand new SP 163 T3 with estart for $13000 before rebates which is pretty good.

These are all starting points. I also won't go older than 10 years as at that point everything is worth something but what that something is can vary. From new you can expect $2500 less the following year. A lot of people get caught up in what they paid for something retail with all taxes and fees. Even though that is what they paid that isn't going to be flipped onto the next buyer.

2016 $11500
2015 $10000
2014 $8500
2013 $7500
2012 $6000 (non- XM) plain and simple a used XP just isn't as desirable as a XM
2011 $5500
2010 $5000 (non-etec)
2009 $4500
2008 $4000
2007 $3500 (non-XP)[/QUOTE

I would say that your prices are a fair starting point and actual sale would be a bit lower. Asking and selling not the same.
Carry over and economy are killing used prices.
Definatly a time to buy and get a deal!

Not a Cat guy but they also have some smoking deals going on.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As mentioned I believe you are a little high but that is just an opinion. I will show what I would expect to be closer based on the searching I did most of the summer having sold a used sled and purchased a left over, so prices will reflect that. X or SP in the newer models is tough because of the limited differences unless its a T3.

I would say that your prices are a fair starting point and actual sale would be a bit lower. Asking and selling not the same.
Carry over and economy are killing used prices.
Definatly a time to buy and get a deal!

Not a Cat guy but they also have some smoking deals going on.

Exactly, starting points.

I would hate to be selling a year old or two year old Cat right now. When you can get a brand new mountain sled out the door for $10,000, wow, heck I am not a cat guy and thought about it as a backup/girlfriends sled.

Then Polaris resale sucks as well. With the motor issues in the Liberty especially in the earlier Pro's, a Pre 2014 is rarely going to get much. The rebates they offered in 2015 killed the used market for guys trying to sell sleds to get into an Axys. Its no different than the Doo with the XM to G4 but there are guys sill asking $8000+ for a 2014 Pro because thats what they have owing. That market is so over saturated right now. I wouldn't expect to get $5500 for my 2014 Pro if I tried to sell it today and its mint and still under warranty. :) A buddy is looking for a 2013-14 Pro right now, guys won't budge on them. Each to their own.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Since we purchased a new left over 2016 163 for $12,000 all in a used 2016 should come down, a lot. Why spend $13,500 on a used when you can get a new left over. Options are limited but there were quite a few 153, SP, T3 and so on. You can get a brand new SP 163 T3 with estart for $13000 before rebates which is pretty good.

These are all starting points. I also won't go older than 10 years as at that point everything is worth something but what that something is can vary. From new you can expect $2500 less the following year. A lot of people get caught up in what they paid for something retail with all taxes and fees. Even though that is what they paid that isn't going to be flipped onto the next buyer.

2016 $11500
2015 $10000
2014 $8500
2013 $7500
2012 $6000 (non- XM) plain and simple a used XP just isn't as desirable as a XM
2011 $5500
2010 $5000 (non-etec)
2009 $4500
2008 $4000
2007 $3500 (non-XP)

In this neck of the woods you're pretty close Dan - sold my 14 154 SP with 1900 miles on it for $8500 4 weeks ago. Estart, Scratchers, fuel can, and vent kit, otherwise stock. I was very happy with that and thought I'd have to drop a little more.

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I purchased a 2014 summit X on a 154" with 15 months of BRP left for $6500 cash, and that was his asking price. Times are tough out there so there is deals to be had.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup everyone has a chance at getting a deal and a chance at getting stuck with a sled because they won't budge on the price.

Be there right place at the right time with cash in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With kijiji being free to list for as long as you like you have to wonder how many sellers actually 'need' to sell what they have. I would guess that they are prepared to ride what they have for another year if they don't get a reasonable price. Even they guys who snow checked and have $500 down.. that's the most they're going to lose if they bail. I see 1 or 2 snow check certificates for sale for $1000 in alberta (worth $500) So even if they don't take it they could end up making a few hundred selling there order. Same goes with cars, houses, boats anything. They don't need to sell, but if they can get more than they should for it then anything is for sale. I've tried this, sometimes it works usually it doesn't.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...because that's what they have owing.

I would say this part of your statement answers it all.
Doesn't matter what brand, people are selling for what they owe, not what it's worth. if the seller has to finance it for 5 - 7 years, then they can't afford it.

I know you shouldn't finance your toys, but if you do, don't go over the 36 months.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was actually looking for a 2015 T3 earlier in Sept as I rode a few last year and was sold on them but guys were still asking that 12k plus range sleds with 2500km was just laughable. Any time a new model change comes out unless its just horrible they just destroy the value of previous model sleds. When the new vipers came out with same motor as Nytro the old sleds became obsolete overnight same thing is happening with the T3 the 850 is doing the same people like new technology but everyone wants max value out of old Iron. Some will hold out and take an even bigger beating as the season progresses. I would have happily paid 9-10K for a 2015 t3 with under 1500km but it wasn't even close picked up a sidewinder instead see how it treats me.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son and I both had $1,000 dollars down on snow checks at different BRP dealers,
With kijiji being free to list for as long as you like you have to wonder how many sellers actually 'need' to sell what they have. I would guess that they are prepared to ride what they have for another year if they don't get a reasonable price. Even they guys who snow checked and have $500 down.. that's the most they're going to lose if they bail. I see 1 or 2 snow check certificates for sale for $1000 in alberta (worth $500) So even if they don't take it they could end up making a few hundred selling there order. Same goes with cars, houses, boats anything. They don't need to sell, but if they can get more than they should for it then anything is for sale. I've tried this, sometimes it works usually it doesn't.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I know is I can't believe guys are still asking 3g plus for summit 670's.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Well, I purchased a 2014 summit X on a 154" with 15 months of BRP left for $6500 cash, and that was his asking price. Times are tough out there so there is deals to be had."

That's the deal I'd like to find if not beat up. Similar sled there are some dreamers are asking $12+ here and kijiji.

Last edited:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Well, I purchased a 2014 summit X on a 154" with 15 months of BRP left for $6500 cash, and that was his asking price. Times are tough out there so there is deals to be had.
I sure hope you did a lien check. That to me sounds like to good of a deal and those deals usually are. Hope you don't have no issues registering it. Also how many km on that machine? Anything under 3000km shouldn't go for anything less than 8500 at the bottom end. That sled was just under 16000 new so that's a lot of loss over 3 seasons even with the patch being slow. There's still alot of money out there.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only 3 xm's in Alberta for 7g or less on Kijji right now. Listed mine for 7g and it sold the same day, wasn't exactly a low miler either.

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope you did a lien check. That to me sounds like to good of a deal and those deals usually are. Hope you don't have no issues registering it. Also how many km on that machine? Anything under 3000km shouldn't go for anything less than 8500 at the bottom end. That sled was just under 16000 new so that's a lot of loss over 3 seasons even with the patch being slow. There's still alot of money out there.

well both buddy and I paid 6700 and 6800 on 2014 1 X with electric and other sp with lots extra both warranty till October 20th 2017.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe guys are still asking $20k + for LBZ's lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last model year with no DPF or piss tank.
Last of the classics.
Kind of like the square body they will hold their value better.

The 670 was a game changer at the time, but compared to even a rev they are antiques. Just don't understand why people feel they are worth so much.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say this part of your statement answers it all.
Doesn't matter what brand, people are selling for what they owe, not what it's worth. if the seller has to finance it for 5 - 7 years, then they can't afford it.

I know you shouldn't finance your toys, but if you do, don't go over the 36 months.
i have to disagree with this, I financed for 5 years and I absolutely can afford it, I coulda saved up for 2-3 years but didn't wanna miss out on riding. I suppose you've never had a vehicle payment either.. I don't know to many people who didn't finance there sleds, atv's ect

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya if your going to buy new, my advice is just finance for the term of the warranty. Nothing worse than paying monthly on old iron which is on your dime when it breaks down when at the same time the same payment could be made on a new one under warranty.

It's tough to pay cash for a new machine when they want 15g plus! I totally understand the need to finance.

Top Bottom