US Entry Waiver?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a US Entry Waiver done? I went to a local shop and wasn’t impressed with their policies and attitude.

Looking for a reference to somewhere good, thanks!

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did my own was a p.i.a.

Was told 3 to 5 years access to USA and it would cost $750.00

In the end the cost was $1400.00 and the waiver was good for 365 day's.

Did this in 2005 there abouts.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All me troubles started when me tried to go sled racing in Alaska was turned away at the border.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after fact checkin this post is fake new's

I know that use to be the case. Went down with someone about 10 years ago they been across border tons of times no problem but border people asked question and they said yes to and got turned away. At that time if you just said no would be let in no problem. But guessing they got a lot more information now and doesn't matter what you say they already no.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you been denied border crossing in the past ? If not you do not need a waiver. If they denied you access at some point they will forever know who you are. If they have never all you need is a pardon

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s illegal to be in the USA with a record. Regardless of a pardon. The USA doesn’t recognize pardons, according to their website.

I realize a pardon wipes the CPIC data base, but there are other sources of info that are not wiped clean.

If caught in the USA and having lied to a border agent, you’re now illegal in the country, which can result in arrest and everything you have with you being seized. I’m not sure if the pardon and lie method is the best way to approach it or not. I know people have used it in the past.

Edit, I asked the pardon guys what they recommend for the above too, I’ll see what they say.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did my own was a p.i.a.

Was told 3 to 5 years access to USA and it would cost $750.00

In the end the cost was $1400.00 and the waiver was good for 365 day's.

Did this in 2005 there abouts.

I found a place online that says their a non profit that helps with this, charge is $970 for their assistance. Sounds like a PIA, I think I’ll give their services a go and see what happens. Would you recommend paying a company to do it for $970?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s illegal to be in the USA with a record. Regardless of a pardon. The USA doesn’t recognize pardons, according to their website.

I realize a pardon wipes the CPIC data base, but there are other sources of info that are not wiped clean.

If caught in the USA and having lied to a border agent, you’re now illegal in the country, which can result in arrest and everything you have with you being seized. I’m not sure if the pardon and lie method is the best way to approach it or not. I know people have used it in the past.

Edit, I asked the pardon guys what they recommend for the above too, I’ll see what they say.

If pardoned and you answer never arrested or charged or however they word it and say no, you aren't technically lying, as far as Canada is concerned if pardoned it never happened. I wouldn't worry at all if pardoned. Although it is stupid both countries don't have a better solution to it. Just like people with a DUI coming north, USA a DUI isn't a big deal but they will turn people away at border for it.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you have never tried to enter the US, and obtain a pardon you are good to go. They cannot see that you have been pardoned, just like the local authorities do not see you have been pardoned. Being pardoned means you no longer have any criminal records.

They will ask you at the border if you have been pardoned, and well it’s up to you how to answer.

I know people who have had a more than an impaired and been pardoned that are now Nexus card carriers.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have never tried to enter the US, and obtain a pardon you are good to go. They cannot see that you have been pardoned, just like the local authorities do not see you have been pardoned. Being pardoned means you no longer have any criminal records.

They will ask you at the border if you have been pardoned, and well it’s up to you how to answer.

I know people who have had a more than an impaired and been pardoned that are now Nexus card carriers.
^^^^ this is 100% correct .

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a US Entry Waiver done? I went to a local shop and wasn’t impressed with their policies and attitude.

Looking for a reference to somewhere good, thanks!
My wife used Canadian Legal Resource Center in Calgary twice now. She tried doing it herself 6 or 7 yrs ago....jumped through all the hoops, fingerprints, paperwork, etc...sent the package AND the fee down to the USA...GONE. Lost, never heard of her. Money gone. The Canadian Legal gals seem to also be a bit painful to deal with, but my wife's first waiver was 5 yrs. She just finished re-applying so we'll see what the next waiver will be. One change was that you couldn't go to the USA customs at the Calgary airport to get the "biometrics" (fingerprints, pictures) done as she did the first time....we had to go all the way to Coutts.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife used Canadian Legal Resource Center in Calgary twice now. She tried doing it herself 6 or 7 yrs ago....jumped through all the hoops, fingerprints, paperwork, etc...sent the package AND the fee down to the USA...GONE. Lost, never heard of her. Money gone. The Canadian Legal gals seem to also be a bit painful to deal with, but my wife's first waiver was 5 yrs. She just finished re-applying so we'll see what the next waiver will be. One change was that you couldn't go to the USA customs at the Calgary airport to get the "biometrics" (fingerprints, pictures) done as she did the first time....we had to go all the way to Coutts.
Do you recall what she paid recently??

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have changed it from a Pardon to a record suspension. I did it myself a few years ago by the info provided by the goverment on the process. Followed the steps, sent money and the parole board reviewed and gave me a record suspension.

It sounded like this was enough to cross border but I was also told I should look at the US Wavier.

I haven't tried to cross border as for me it was for work after leaving a 17 year job and trying to apply at new places that required a criminal record check.

Top Bottom