Upgrading to T-motion, need help!!!

Stantheman

Reaction score
I am having a devil of a time trying to remove the skid. I have managed, at different times, to back all four bolts out so nothing is ceased however I can't manage to get either pair of bolts out at the same time, back 1 off a little and the other just spins in the sleeve. I have a electric impact but it still doesn't help.

Anyone have any tips?

Thanks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find a same size bolt but longer with full. Threads. Then find a regular nut to thread on that bolt. Pull one bolt out of either side of the skid doesn't matter which one. Then screw in yor new longer bolt by hand only a few threads. Then tighten the nut against the tunnel. This will hold the axle in place while you remove the other side. Then you should be able to unscrew your longer jam but bolt by hand. Voila. Pain in the butt I hate it too

Stantheman

Reaction score
Sounds logical, I'll give it a shot, thanks for the quick reply.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually do both bolts at the same time. A cordless impact on each one. Kinda straddle the sled I guess. Removed the skid probably 5 times doing it like this.

Stantheman

Reaction score
Maxwell has anyone told you that "you are the man" lately? if not consider yourself told.

Couldn't find a longer M10 bolt so I picked up some ready rod, same result. Thanks a ton.

549898_10151396994512580_1942869612_n.jpg

Last edited:

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont know if you read the other T-motion thread but you have to move the cross bar that is behind the middle idler wheels back or it hits the two bars that are on each side of the shock. It doesnt say to in the instructions. :beer:

Stantheman

Reaction score
Dont know if you read the other T-motion thread but you have to move the cross bar that is behind the middle idler wheels back or it hits the two bars that are on each side of the shock. It doesnt say to in the instructions. :beer:

I see what you are saying. How far back did you mount the cross bar. Only options I seem to have are 4 inches further back or just in front of the rear arm.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I moved it to the first big hole behind the bump stop. But I'm not 100% that it is far enough? I was looking at a XM and the cross bar is closer to the rear sissor than I have it. I did take mine out since I moved the cross bar and I think it might have still touched? I'll take a look when I get it out of the trailer and let you know if its enough.

Top Bottom