Tying down the rear of your sled!

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As we previously mentioned, we are focused on bringing you quality products that work. Products that make our lives easier while enjoying our sports. This product is no exception! Although it is not an extremely new product to the industry it has had very little time in the lime light. Some of you may have already heard of it, if not we are here to introduce to you the Track Bar. It is a rear tie down bar somewhere between the rear Superclamp and a regular old strap.

There are several things we like about this system:

1. It only cost $40 for each bar so to tie down two sleds you are $80 plus $20 for straps so a total of $100 to tie down the rear of your sled, yes it is more then just a strap, but we feel it does a much better job!

2. It secures the sled without compressing the suspension

3. It is extremely simple and needs no installation

4. It gives you two tie points

5. Did we mention it was only $40!!!

One of these rear track bars combined with a front Superclamp and you have a fantastic tie down system! If your willing to spend a few more bucks then a front Superclamp and a rear Superclamp make the fastest method for securing your sleds. We are just giving you more options.

Contact us if you would like to purchase!

Attachments

• IMG_2798.JPG
    IMG_2798.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2799.JPG
    IMG_2799.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2800.JPG
    IMG_2800.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_2801.JPG
    IMG_2801.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 189
  • SCRear.jpg
    SCRear.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 185

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has any testing been done to simulate extreme forces such as side to side? I am skeptical about using formed plastic d-rings to hold something like a sled. I've read about people's experience with superclamps and how well they hold up. Tie-downs have a load rating. These are the things I use to decide what I buy. The concept isn't bad. I would like to see some sort of real world tests or user experience.

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has any testing been done to simulate extreme forces such as side to side? I am skeptical about using formed plastic d-rings to hold something like a sled. I've read about people's experience with superclamps and how well they hold up. Tie-downs have a load rating. These are the things I use to decide what I buy. The concept isn't bad. I would like to see some sort of real world tests or user experience.

Thanks for your interest and your questions. The track bars are rated at 250lbs per eye, so that is 500lbs per bar. They are tested to 750lbs per eye without failure for a total of 1500lbs total, this far exceeds any pressure that will ever be put on the sled. They also pull test samples in each run to ensure quality and strength. We are personally using these bars right now and they are fantastic!

Lets also keep in mind that Superclamps are plastic as well, they hook portion is aluminum but what it is attached to is plastic and there is no better product on the market then Superclamps!

They certainly aren't as quick to secure your sled as a Superclamp nor are we saying they are any better or worse then a Superclamp.

What we are doing is offering an alternative product for people who wouldn't spend the money on a rear Superclamp but want something better then a strap. This is the solution.

We have personally used a strap for years, wrapped around the rear loading bar of the sled deck but this is better and this is what we use now.

As we mentioned before we want to bring products to our customers that we use and that we feel are of value.

Thanks again for our interest.

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any effects on pulling on the track like that in the long run. ie: stretching

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any effects on pulling on the track like that in the long run. ie: stretching

Thanks for your question. You would be surprised how little pressure you have to put on the track to secure the sled. During the course of a day of riding you put far greater stress on the track then you would ever put on the track securing it this way.

Thanks again for your question we appreciate the input!

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We have been having some questions about how the Track bar works. We apologize for not giving a clear explanation of how the product works. With these pictures it should give a cleared picture of how the product works.

The product sits on the top of your track, and the eyelets go through the windows in your track, from there you use two tie straps to secure the sled down, forward and out to the sides. This creates triangulation keeping your sled firmly in place. The advantage to this tie system is that it does not compress your suspension, your straps don't get cut over your rails, and your sled sits firmly in place and does not shift from side to side, it also gives you two tie points in the rear. Also the bar spreads the load over the complete width of the track, not just pulling on two pressure points on the track if you were to just secure a strap to the windows in the track.

We hope that clarifies how the system works, please don't hesitate with any questions.

Attachments

• TB1.jpg
    TB1.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 122
  • tb2.jpg
    tb2.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 122
  • tb3.jpg
    tb3.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 126
  • tb4.jpg
    tb4.jpg