Two brand new cats wrote off..... Not for the faint of heart....

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gonna get flack for this BUT

fawk me, what a fawkin idiot!! no excuse for THAT. not a tough guy at ALL, but if that were me getting hit like that and i could walk after wards....

NO excuse, newbie...nothing. he drives a vehicle doesnt he? he just ram through pedestrians or vehicles on the road too?

alcohol involved??

glad to hear the guy on the white sled is ok. maybe it was the white sled??

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And its not like the the m8 doesn't stand out like a sore thumb and u can't see it.

Both where at fault. The guy on the copy cat should have looked before going and the guy on the xf that hit him should have slowed down.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thing the are both ok! They are both to blame a bit. Does the M8 want to sell the engine?

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gonna get flack for this BUTfawk me, what a fawkin idiot!! no excuse for THAT. not a tough guy at ALL, but if that were me getting hit like that and i could walk after wards....NO excuse, newbie...nothing. he drives a vehicle doesnt he? he just ram through pedestrians or vehicles on the road too?alcohol involved??glad to hear the guy on the white sled is ok. maybe it was the white sled??
Apparently the guy on the xf was an experienced rider... I don't know him so I can't say for sure but judging by the video, well....The guy on the m8 is my buddy and new to sledding.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holy fawk ni kidding you could only see him coming for about 5-10 seconds before he hit. what the fawk was he thinking.
lucky everybody walked away.

neat way to blow 30g in less than a minute though.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy!!! better thank your lucky stars that no one was injured badly! Thanks for the video, reminds me to keep my head up and be aware of the surroundings at all times. Glad I have a black sled and not a white one!

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the video being on you tube I would bet the insurance company on the orange sled is going to have to pay for everything!!They'll say he proceded without caution!They'll say it is no different than making a left turn at a light or sign and getting hit by someone with the right of way!!!Both were at fault in my opinion!!But what an assh... going by a group of sleds that close at a buck 20!!Riding like that gets you a ride home from the mountains........in a box!!!!! Good luck with the insurance!!!!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, they ARE both riding Cats, no?

....not anymore....

This video should wake a few people up, be aware of your surroundings, sledding is no different than driving down the highway, if you're doing 110+ on a straight section of anything you should be very aware of anything moving in front of you..... what it that was a big bull moose he hit? I'm not saying the XF is at fault, as the guy on the M should have been watching as well, I saw the headlights in the distance in the video long before he tried to pull the M around. That being said, there is no way I could tell how fast he was moving. Lots of fingers could be pointed, the important thing is both riders are alright, maybe have a hit to their pocket books but they are ok.

Justin

Reaction score
< That's why I bought this!!!!!:cool:

Attachments

• 2012-Fox-Racing-Race-Mens-V2-Helmet.jpg
    2012-Fox-Racing-Race-Mens-V2-Helmet.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 667

robb

Reaction score
The most important piece of equipment you take with you is what's inside that helmet. Unfortunately no matter how much money you have no sled dealer can sell you common sense. Blowing past a group of parked riders at a buck ten ? Hitting the throttle while sitting sideways on a cutline while staring at your buddy with the video camera ? This just proves some of the stupid people running around out there that you have to look out for. This isn't meant to pick on these two riders specifically. I'm sure everyone has a close call story to share as incidents like this are showing up everywhere.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a thread not long along regarding "whats with the helmet cam fad", anyways if it wasn't for a helmet cam none of us would have truly appreciated how close to call a story like this would have been in print. Glad to hear everyone is ok!

Last edited:
Top Bottom