Twin pipes versus single pipe

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the MBRP can installed, would I have to change that too?

You wouldn't have to change it as thats whats currently on mine but i will be replacing it with a jaws can this winter. I have found thru a freind of mine spending a bunch of time on a dyno taht you lose 5hp with the mbrp can versus the jaws.

With the set-up i was talkin about i can give you the entire set-up so that you'd be ready to pull the cord and ride without having to worry about tryin to get it dialed in. I run an egt gauge on mine to watch temps, and have never had mine ever get into the 1300's which is gettin into the danger zone for temps.

cfowler

Reaction score
You wouldn't have to change it as thats whats currently on mine but i will be replacing it with a jaws can this winter. I have found thru a freind of mine spending a bunch of time on a dyno taht you lose 5hp with the mbrp can versus the jaws.

With the set-up i was talkin about i can give you the entire set-up so that you'd be ready to pull the cord and ride without having to worry about tryin to get it dialed in. I run an egt gauge on mine to watch temps, and have never had mine ever get into the 1300's which is gettin into the danger zone for temps.

Exhaust Gas Temp? Smart. What kind of gains will this give me? Where will the power benefit most?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exhaust Gas Temp? Smart. What kind of gains will this give me? Where will the power benefit most?

They claim that you gain about 16hp if i remeber right. With this set-up you let it rev to 7700-7800rpm, since i put this set-up on mine it pulls harder thru the whole rpm range. I used to run about 80.5 gram weights to rev 7400rpm since i put the exhaust on and such i am now up to 83 grams to keep it from goin over 7800rpm. So this tells me that it's makin a fair bit more power.

m8magic

Reaction score
Did you end up getting the jaws twin for your m1k? How did they turn out?

i have the m8 bigbore...and no jaws yet..got a timbersled rear skid...next timbersled frt skid and still the jaws to come

Top Bottom