Turbo 08 Nitro MTX ??

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for advise about turbo mod for my Nitro. I see lots of turbos out there but there must be some that are more reliable and a better cost than others. What kind of extra power can I expect and at what cost.. Any asst. with this would be great. Thanks!! :beer::cool:

W

woodies

Love my mcx turbo.adjustable from 8 to 15 lbs at your fingertips.awesome power proven proformance.get some grippy gloves you'll need them!:d boost is around 8 or 9 horse a pound and if you do it yourself under 6 thousand last time i looked

Attachments

• 100_1800.jpg
    100_1800.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 305

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed with Woodies...we've installed 3 MCX kits on nyrtos and they run flawless and all the power you want at the turn of a button, and no fuel contoller to mess with... you will be switching out the stock track though, the camo extreme is the answer on the turbo nytro's, we've even put one on a stock Nytro and made a huge difference.... and look into a bigger fuel tank if you go with the MCX... PM me and I have a Bud who has 3 10gallon tanks for sale, fit perfectly for stock or turbo..

Anyways hope this helps and good luck.. oh and what woodies said

get some grippy gloves you'll need them!

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of Buds Nytro with MCX and the bigger tank...

Added the pic of the intake and gas rack...not the best pic but hope it helps..

Attachments

• chris cam 050.jpg
    chris cam 050.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG00026.jpg
    IMG00026.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 92

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of Buds Nytro with MCX and the bigger tank...

You might want to let your buddy know that trailtank is going to be replacing the tanks for the MTX. They didnt realize that there is an extra cooler on the MTX. He should get in contact with Seth and get put on the list of ones to replace. They will fit the way they are but the fit and finish is pretty crappy.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I just replaced my tank and its fits awsome, the bolts are bigger as well that attach the body panels to the tank as well.

I built a Nytro turbo, its under the Nytro Build thread, its awsome, and goes anywhere, you'll like it.

RON

Attachments

• Resized_dec27 288.jpg
    Resized_dec27 288.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Resized_dec27 326.jpg
    Resized_dec27 326.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 96
  • Resized_mcbride 021.jpg
    Resized_mcbride 021.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Resized_mcbride 049.jpg
    Resized_mcbride 049.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i just replaced my tank and its fits awsome, the bolts are bigger as well that attach the body panels to the tank as well.

I built a nytro turbo, its under the nytro build thread, its awsome, and goes anywhere, you'll like it.

Ron

dam, that's a nice pic of me on your sled in the second pic.... Handsome devil, eh?

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might want to let your buddy know that trailtank is going to be replacing the tanks for the MTX. They didnt realize that there is an extra cooler on the MTX. He should get in contact with Seth and get put on the list of ones to replace. They will fit the way they are but the fit and finish is pretty crappy.

Thanks...But I think he has the right one.. fit and finish is good.. but I'll double check...;)

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thanks...But I think he has the right one.. fit and finish is good.. but I'll double check...;)

When Seth shipped me the tank that I recieved on the 23 of December that was the first new model. The bolts that hold the body panels to the tank are much bigger as well. I broke some of the old ones allready. Seth makes a good product and stands behind it. The new tank fits excellent.:d

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Lookin Sleds boys!!!! Not too crazy about the exposed intake...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya he wont have the right ones, they are starting to ship next week if all goes well. Ron got one early because he had major issues with his last tank.

Top Bottom