Truck boss sled decks. Any good?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at truck boss decks but though the design for the slides would be always frozen or jammed with mud.

I went with a full lotus. It’s Colour matched with truck and looks great. But I defiantly have a few complaints about it!!! It’s far from perfect. But this is a truck boss thread.....

I think 5g for a used deck is a lot.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will get blasted, but paying $5000+ for any kind of deck seems ridiculous. Yes, they may not sell in volume, hence the required higher price, but look at how much aluminum you get vs say a trailer. At least I feel better paying for a trailer because you get wheels, axles, brakes, etc.

I bought a new Denali deck, yes Chinese, which is an exact knockoff of my last Marathon deck for $1700 brand new. I think they have gone up a little in price now, but still 1/3 the cost of a high-end deck. Also, used decks depreciate. I see a lot of used decks for $2000 - $2500.

So, if you have a lot of money, get the best of the best. If you simply need a deck to serve that purpose, going cheaper isn't a bad thing. I mean, all it does is elevate a platform....

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at truck boss decks but though the design for the slides would be always frozen or jammed with mud.

I went with a full lotus. It’s Colour matched with truck and looks great. But I defiantly have a few complaints about it!!! It’s far from perfect. But this is a truck boss thread.....

I think 5g for a used deck is a lot.
my deck never freezes. When I was my truck I just have to remember to pull out the slides right before she totally frozen. Just like my doors and tail gate. Wash truck. Drive 10 mins and let everything "kinda" freeze. Then pull over and open all doors. Crack windows once each. Pull deck sides out and inch and put back. Water can only freeze once. As far as mud I always side load quads so no problems there.

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just remember to install the extra legs for the deck. My truck boss cracked my truck box in the front corners. Got the truck box fixed and installed the legs. Problem solved, no more cracked truck box. I have had the same deck for approximately 5 or 6 years now and on three different trucks. I like the way they seal on the box. Very minimal dust and snow buildup in the box. You will always get some dust or snow in the box. I drive on a lot of gravel roads with my truck. Also with swirling snow you will get some snow in the box of your truck. Unless you take the time to seal every nook and cranny in the box and also weather stripping around the tailgate.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5k for a used deck u crazy . Does it do your dishes haha.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just sold 4 of these in the last few days at $1600 each. Superflides, winch, etc.

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5k for a used deck u crazy . Does it do your dishes haha.
lol. Yeah isn't cheap, think it' gold plated. I knew they were expensive to begin with but didn't really know anything about them. There's Pros and cons to everything i guess. But from what I gather from the people on here that have them, is that they're satisfied. My only concern with it is the difficulty on removing it. Well and the obvious.....the price. $4000 and I'd own it.

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out this thread / ad on here - says $1500.- each

Here is Marathon's pricing from the Sled Show.
thanks man!
After looking at the show special $5000 is way over priced for a used deck, with the same options. I'd b all over the $1500 option if it wasn't a complete right off. Wouldn't mind putting a few bucks into it.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I liked my Truck Boss so much that when I traded off my 15 Denali I left the deck on the truck for the dealer, I think I got $2k for it.
I hated that deck with a passion and refused to transfer it to another truck again. For a so called high end deck there are some piss poor features on it IMO.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would you be inclined to say what a couple of your "favorite" features are on the truck boss?

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you intend on extending or retracting the sides in temps lower than -10 don't buy a truckboss. The sides freeze up way to easy . Also I don't personally like the fact that they sit on the box sides . What is the weight rating of your sheet metal box sides ?

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you intend on extending or retracting the sides in temps lower than -10 don't buy a truckboss. The sides freeze up way to easy . Also I don't personally like the fact that they sit on the box sides . What is the weight rating of your sheet metal box sides ?

Had mine on a 2013 Super Duty with no issues at all. Just make sure the deck has four legs. I remember when they first came out there was only the two rear. But looking to buy a new truck this winter and I was nervous about using it with an aluminum Super Duty.

Loved the fit and finish of the TB but damn it such a pain to take off, consider it a permanent fixture. If I never intended to take it off I would definitely buy another. But it sure does like to freeze up.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would you be inclined to say what a couple of your "favorite" features are on the truck boss?

If your asking me what my " favorite" features were I will give a few, the chicken **** ramp holder under the deck pissed me off the most, 2 thin angle aluminum holders, never mind that it hangs up on them when taking the ramp out or in. ALSO if you use a truck the way a truck should be used (Beat down oilfield roads) the angle aluminum holders would shift a little bit, I would open my tailgate and the ramp would be laying in my smart box sideways. Then you have to pull the ramp out throw it on the road, climb back under the deck over top of the smart box re position the rails, put the ramp in climb back under position rails more for a tight fit, tighten the little bolts up again......

Cheap flap to seal off the tailgate, always falling off, plus have to bungee it up to put the ramp back in. As said by others slides freeze in or out = piss me off.

The legs work but they are also chicken ****, I go through alot of new trucks so never got to find out if my box sides would have been damaged

I had one of the first POS Truck Boss extensions - Threw that thing in the garbage bin at the rig. The upgraded extension was nice, but also a Pain to fold up or down or extend the sides especially if cold out...

Always under the deck re torquing the bolts that hold the deck together.

The most unfriendly deck to change from one truck to another especially a different brand of truck - Moved it to 3 trucks in 4 years and friggen way to heavy.

Like others have said this deck should be put on a truck and sold with that truck.

Im sure its a fine deck if you put around the city and cruiz down the highway to the hills then mosey a few km up a dirt road to park.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I make my deck with wood and ramp for 1000 bucks theres not much to sled deck. If u pay over 2500 for any sled deck its to much.

Top Bottom