Truck boss sled decks. Any good?

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was looking to buy a sled deck and came across a sled boss 7' for sale $5000. It's in great shape and comes with winch kit, fold down deck extender, two super clamps and all super glides, expandable sides and 10' ramp. Not sure what they cost brand new with the listed items. Anyone no if it's worth buying for $5000 or Not?. Not familiar and dont know anyone that is.
Thanks

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one of the first truck boss decks built. It's been on 3 different trucks. 20-30 sled trips per year. Quads in the summer. IMO it the Best deck available. Also the best looking. othwr decks look farmer built by comparison. You will love the marathon truck boss

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one of the first truck boss decks built. It's been on 3 different trucks. 20-30 sled trips per year. Quads in the summer. IMO it the Best deck available. Also the best looking. othwr decks look farmer built by comparison. You will love the marathon truck boss

Ok that sounds promising for sure. What do u think about the price? Think the guy said he paid over $6000 for it.
Thanks!

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truckboss, the number one way to take an old and proven 2 piece design (deck and ramp) with an easy install (4 bolts) and turn it into thousands of pieces and an 8 hour install.

True enough, but I can see why they did it. They made a deck that can be shipped by courier being big thing and went after a high end corner of the market.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would just call down and speak to them yourself to find out pricing, but I think the 6k mark is about where he would have been when he bought it. I myself found that the truck boss would need a second set of rails to suit my needs which would also be another additional cost. I run a full lotus and love it, it looks great and has adjustable legs to suit the height you wish to have it set at. You also have to consider jhurkots point as well, all other decks can be easily installed and removed with just a few bolts or turnbuckles and a forklift/loader/couple of buddy’s help. The truck boss has many components and needs to be dissembled and reassembled to install and remove it. The biggest thing is to find what you like and run with it as all decks will have pros and cons. I would just make sure to look at m line and full lotus before picking up the truck boss. Now as for drew562’s point I have to say I disagree. X deck and marlon may look farmer built, but the big three all look like quality rig ups.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend has one. Slides get frozen... extremely well built and looks good after years.

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I owned a 7’ Truckboss with the old style extension for 5 years. Great deck, looks awesome, well built and I would highly recommend one if you never intend to take it off the truck. My only two real complaints are it was a massive process to take it on/off. Down right ugly in fact. My only other complaints are the little knobs to secure the sides are hard to get your fingers in and tighten/loosen and I always had to go to a car wash to “wash” the deck and heat it up to push the sides in and out. Damn thing was always frozen.

I purchased a M-Line this summer because it’s only four bolts to take it in/out. I was really tired of owning a truck without a box. It’s amazing how much you miss your truck box once you can no longer use it. Dump runs, picking stuff up at sears liquidation sales etc. The M-Line seems like a great deck as well but can already tell I hate their track extension system. I guess all makes have there pros and cons. Depends on your need.

I sold a 5 year old Truckboss for $3k this summer so the price you’re looking at seams high unless it’s new.

Last edited:

rtk

Reaction score
I have an older truck boss and the slides are an issue. I also have 12 foot ramps that make loading very easy

Last edited:

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Was looking to buy a sled deck and came across a sled boss 7' for sale $5000. It's in great shape and comes with winch kit, fold down deck extender, two super clamps and all super glides, expandable sides and 10' ramp. Not sure what they cost brand new with the listed items. Anyone no if it's worth buying for $5000 or Not?. Not familiar and dont know anyone that is.
Thanks

Personally what I would do if your going to spend that kind of money is visa dealers of Marlon, Truck Boss, Etc... and then see how they all work and how easy they are to remove and put back in if you are going to do that or how easy they are to load and tie down atv's and dirt bikes or whatever else you are going to use it for. Then look at the prices and decide which one, then look for a used one on the one you want. I think 5000 is too much personally. 4-4500 sound about in the right ballpark after a season.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a truckboss, love how it is completely sealed and you don't get any snow or crap underneath. Installation sucks. I have it down to about 2.5 hours. It's not the deck you want if you plan on putting it in and out several times a year. 5000 grand seems a little high.

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback folks' all good points. My last sled deck was a marathon, 6 years ago. The deck he said was 2 years old and would come down to $ 4750. When I looked at it last night, it was all In one piece sitting on the garage floor. I don't plan on leaving the deck in all year round either, so that might b a pita. I'll do a Google search of the others mentioned and c what I like
Cheers!

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally what I would do if your going to spend that kind of money is visa dealers of Marlon, Truck Boss, Etc... and then see how they all work and how easy they are to remove and put back in if you are going to do that or how easy they are to load and tie down atv's and dirt bikes or whatever else you are going to use it for. Then look at the prices and decide which one, then look for a used one on the one you want. I think 5000 is too much personally. 4-4500 sound about in the right ballpark after a season.

This is good advice. You could save yourself a bunch of time driving to dealers. In a couple weeks all parking lots will be full. If you are friendly gent you could probably walk around with a Twisted Tea at the end of the day and see all decks in one stop. Get opinions from real users.

That being said, sledders are biased unapproachable A-holes and the stuff they personally own is generally the best brand on the market. For example, I drive a Ford and ride a Ski-Doo. JK, lol.

Last edited:

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im also in the market for a sled deck. Have looked online at all the higher end decks; Marlon, Truckboss, M-Line, Limitless, Full Lotus,.... I narrows my choices down to the Truckboss or the Marlon Xplore Pro, Im hoping when I see them in person it will help me decide.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had a Truck Boss for 4 years and a Smart Boxx for two years. The deck stays on all year and the Smart Boxx is absolutely fantastic...I would make love to it if I could...can’t say enough good things about it. Makes leaving the deck on all year round a non-issue.

If you have a deck and don’t have a SmartBoxx...well your missing out on a great back saver.

Last edited:

f150truck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out this thread / ad on here - says $1500.- each

Here is Marathon's pricing from the Sled Show.

Attachments

• IMG_1535s.jpg
    IMG_1535s.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had a Truck Boss for 4 years and a Smart Boxx for two years. The deck stays on all year and the Smart Boxx is absolutely fantastic...I would make love to it if I could...can’t say enough good things about it. Makes leaving the deck on all year round a non-issue.

If you have a deck and don’t have a SmartBoxx...well your missing out on a great back saver.

I guess this would eliminate the need for a hockey stick under the deck hey? lol

f150truck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess this would eliminate the need for a hockey stick under the deck hey? lol

Also a sheet of plywood with Handles near tailgate and a few strips of puckboard or krazy karpet glued on the bottom side, works well and doesn't add much weight or take up much space.

Top Bottom