Transcanada trail

Big Cat Daddy

Reaction score
Trans Canadian Snowmobile Trail

Rode from Athabasca to Swan Hills Via the trans-canada trail yesterday it was a 200 mile round trip. The Athabasca side was in good shape with gooming just being done on the Athabasca trails, some logging on the Swan Hills side. Unfortunatly if the Swan hills side does not get any maintanence the trail will be lost. Being an ASA menber as well as a member of our local club I know the importance of volonteer help to keep our trails going we need more help or more trails will be lost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Swan Hills is a small club with few volunteers. They do extremely well for the amount of manpower they have. Fox Creek is in the same boat. Barely the people for their own trail systems with the added burden of the Golden Triangle and Transcanada trail. The result? Golden Triangle and Transcanada trail get neglected.

Big Cat Daddy

Reaction score
Know exactly what your saying Athabasca is pretty small Just putting out a plea if sledders love ridding smooth clean trails a day or two to help your local clubs do a little maintenance is a small order to fill for a lot of enjoyment. I moved here from WCT a few years ago and give praise to the people that actually show up and help in your neck of the woods.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I also understand the need for more caring club members. Seems to be lots of interest in trails but when the snow comes and you can ride there are few that want to help. I know that we are all busy lives and have little free time but with a bigger group of volunteers all work goes by faster. Swan Hills club is small but the opportunites out there for them is huge.
We at Ft Saskatchewan Snow Angels as a club event have ridden from Flatbush to Swan Hills stayed overnight then ridden to Slave Lake stayed overnight then back to Flatbush. Great ride should be connected with a designated trail for sure. Trans Canadian Snowmobile Trail is being taken North future plans is it to go from Swan Hills to Slave Lake,Red Earth,LaCrete High Level,Rainbow Lake,Fort Nelson BC.
May take some time but La Crete willing to groom down to Red Earth if trail found. So if your from Slave Lake area or Red Earth Area give Me a PM and I can help get you started

Last edited:
Top Bottom