trailer cabinets

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new inclosed i have a few questions and i figure this is the best place to ask .I have the front door to drive off im thinking of put a cabinet in the v what would be the best width to go with so the sled could go out how to mount them and where to get a good deal pics would help thanks :confused:

dwillowguy

Reaction score
Here's some pictures of my finished trailer. The shelves sure help out with storage.

Attachments

• IMG_2622 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2622 (Small).JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2629 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2629 (Small).JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2630 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2630 (Small).JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2632 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2632 (Small).JPG
    42 KB · Views: 38

dwillowguy

Reaction score
All of the stuff was bought at Home Depot, shelf's come in 8 ft lengths and they have a lip on the front of them. The cabinet is a Husky brand all plastic and really light (10-15ibs) about a 100 bucks. The tie down rings you get are in stupid places so I e-tracked the floor horizontal down the middle and vertical along the sides. Coated the floor and sides with Copper II wood preservative twice (smelled like a canvas tent). The hangers I got at Home Depot as well in the shelving section. Bought 4 sheet's of 1/8 puck board 39 bucks a sheet at Totem, ripped them to 8 inch widths for the ski guides...(they are slippery when wet). Bought 1/2 rubber interlocking mat's at Totem for 7.99 for a 2x2 piece. Ripped them in half as the rear ramp door was pretty heavy with 6 full pieces on, not bad with 3 ripped in half. The front v-nose ramp put 2 of the rubber mats on it and works great. Mounted e-track on back of trailer on the walls to hold misc stuff (chairs, bench's etc). I did mount a cabinet near the rear ramp doors but because of the see-saw effect when traveling everything was always a mess in them. The heater i bought off e-bay from Cat Fish Supplies, it is a ventless heater and runs on propane (no power required as well). I mounted some hangers in the middle of the trailer and ran 2 cloth shower curtains to keep heat in the front and the beer cold in the back...LOL. We used that to fix a sled this winter and it was about 60 in the front and 30 in the back and that was on a -28c day. Bottle of propane will last 2 day's of solid running. Total cost for everything was about a thousand buck's.:):)

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Advantage Trailer sales in the city have the best price on the racks.
C'tire and Walmart have the cabinets.
DWillow, you look like you've been sneaking peeks at badsled's trailer

han solo

Reaction score
Boundary RV wanted 239 for the typical alu trailer cabient, 20" deep, about 48" long, 24" tall. The trailer shop near the international airport was 300 for the same cabinet. Boundary has to order them in.

Top Bottom