trail user fees

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know where my info went on this but here goes again. These a few of the expenses(over and above general upkeep) we incurred this year and will incure next summer. As most know this is not just a winter commitment to clubs as we have to maintain emergency shelters and trails as part of our management agreement.
brushing of trails
trail repairs(washouts, ditch maintainance)
bridge decks repair
garbage clean-up(heli)
upgrade renshaw cabin
signage
add a new heater for renshaw to list

Regular costs to club just a short summary
groomer expenses
snow removal parking lots
propane and repairs to heaters
ongoing repairs to all three cabins and outhouse
trail and emergency shelter inspections
meetings to keep areas open or accessable

there are many more but what peeps need to understand, we as a club manage our club as a business just to survive. no big bank account, no fancy equipment or paid holidays. so if you didn't get the perfect trail and still paid the money that day was spent on other club expenses.
I have always said that if you want to talk about the user fee I am willing to chat but if you want to see it for real come to a meeting and see what we are doing.
Barry
250-569-0226

Last edited:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The unfortunate thing is that the expectation for you to explain yourself exists......

I spend a lot more on booze than on I do on trail passes.

Happy New Year Barry & thanks for all you guys do

No way!!! Who'd a thunk it?? Might have to prove that to some of the disbelievers at Mountian Mania.:rolleyes:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The unfortunate thing is that the expectation for you to explain yourself exists......

thanks and right back at ya.
have not had anybody come to me with any complaints yet.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Mcbride sure lucky to have u out there Barry .... Keep up the great work. Can't wait til out there next time. I do see that the porcupine is still a problem at trends haw cabin? Lots of chew marks all over outside of cabin :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm amazed you can afford to sled on top of your beer budget!!!

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Mcbride sure lucky to have u out there Barry .... Keep up the great work. Can't wait til out there next time. I do see that the porcupine is still a problem at trends haw cabin? Lots of chew marks all over outside of cabin :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barry has a plan for that porcupine. Renshaw cabin renovations in a couple weeks SHOULD fix the problem. We will see - that porcupine even ate a bunch of pink insulation last year. Ouch!!!

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barry has a plan for that porcupine. Renshaw cabin renovations in a couple weeks SHOULD fix the problem. We will see - that porcupine even ate a bunch of pink insulation last year. Ouch!!!

was he responsible for all the beer cans?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was he responsible for all the beer cans?

Lmao! It has to be, cabin cowboys pack out what they pack in.
On the bright side, at least the porcupine doesn't leave them all over the mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are really good done up in a stew!

mower

Reaction score
I don't know where my info went on this but here goes again. These a few of the expenses(over and above general upkeep) we incurred this year and will incure next summer. As most know this is not just a winter commitment to clubs as we have to maintain emergency shelters and trails as part of our management agreement.
brushing of trails
trail repairs(washouts, ditch maintainance)
bridge decks repair
garbage clean-up(heli)
upgrade renshaw cabin
signage
add a new heater for renshaw to list

Regular costs to club just a short summary
groomer expenses
snow removal parking lots
propane and repairs to heaters
ongoing repairs to all three cabins and outhouse
trail and emergency shelter inspections
meetings to keep areas open or accessable

there are many more but what peeps need to understand, we as a club manage our club as a business just to survive. no big bank account, no fancy equipment or paid holidays. so if you didn't get the perfect trail and still paid the money that day was spent on other club expenses.
I have always said that if you want to talk about the user fee I am willing to chat but if you want to see it for real come to a meeting and see what we are doing.
Barry
250-569-0226
theres no problem paying if trail is groomed i understand that it cant be groomed every day but if it needs to it has to be done ridden that trail many times both conditions and will pay for it to ride smooth manegment is the problem go up grooming at 1.00 0clock come back down after group has left good trail in good trail out no brainer every oyher club does it that way money isnt a issue service provided is start gett hotels to contribute as we as snowmobilers get them through the wingter an we wiil support the ones that support us

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
theres no problem paying if trail is groomed i understand that it cant be groomed every day but if it needs to it has to be done ridden that trail many times both conditions and will pay for it to ride smooth manegment is the problem go up grooming at 1.00 0clock come back down after group has left good trail in good trail out no brainer every oyher club does it that way money isnt a issue service provided is start gett hotels to contribute as we as snowmobilers get them through the wingter an we wiil support the ones that support us

Was I supposed to read that whole "sentence" in one breath? Cause I tried 3 times and feel more dumb for it.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Q

First of all you need to educate yourself on grooming before you beak off about it!!!!!!!!

There is not a club around that grooms during the day with sleds on the trail
You say groom up the trail at 1:00pm And that's OKAY
you just killed a sledder per week with that stupid **** mentality.
A groomer runs at 7-10 km per hour and takes about 3-4 hours from staging area to cabin
how many sleds will pass that groomer going up hill at 60-100km per hr about 25 % of the daily riders
how many sleds will be headed down the trail during these 3-4 hours as the groomer is headed up the trail. The groomer is 10-12 feet wide and covers the entire trail in spots. So at 70km down hill you meet the groomer at a bridge or corner and there is no trail left to ride on where the Hell are you going- over the edge - it is better than hitting the blade head on!!!!!

BUT wait you broke the first rule of grooming
the drag must remove/grind/pack the trail snow and it must sit for 6-10 hours before ANY sled rides on it or it becomes powder and goes to hell in 10 sleds.

Your idea sounds good but it is ****, can never work and will never work

thats is why the always setup to groom around 3:00 in the pm and groom until midnight. Leaving 6-10 hours for the trail to set before the morning rush
if temperatures did not fall to below -10-15 degree over night the trail still may not have set up to handle the daily number of sleds.

aocbiz

Reaction score

Rather than ask the club to get the hotels to chip in.... ask them yourself for a donation towards grooming then give it to the club on the hotels behalf, your the one spending your $ at the hotel, get them to support the sport that brings you too their establishment..we're all in this together and if you have any bright ideas as to how to raise money for grooming get after it yourself ..... dont expect everyone else to do it for us. (Just sayin")

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rather than ask the club to get the hotels to chip in.... ask them yourself for a donation towards grooming then give it to the club on the hotels behalf, your the one spending your $ at the hotel, get them to support the sport that brings you too their establishment..we're all in this together and if you have any bright ideas as to how to raise money for grooming get after it yourself ..... dont expect everyone else to do it for us. (Just sayin")

club may or may not have a supporter list for the hotel/motel supporters. start there, maybe, could ask hotel/motel why there name is not on list or any business for that matter. maybe some sort of sledder support reward would help get more community support. fill out business support card get a club hat or memorabilia. u may be suprised who is on board next year.

maybe a club hat with a yearly membership or a club jacket with a donaton, may work? people want to belong to a happening upbeat group, this sight is an example.

or you could just do same old same old, beotch here

Last edited:
Top Bottom