Trail Situation Around Abraham Lake

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Anyone know the trail situation around Abraham Lake?? Are the trails south of the highway still closed?

never2late

Reaction score
Hi,
Was just cruisin the SRD web page and there is an advisory concerning Bighorn Backcountry, washed out roads etc. Some good video of Crescent Falls area. Any pictures I have seen of Crescent Falls never showed this much water. Sorry I don't know how to give the links for SRD site.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Thanks were they in good shape? Also how do u get up to crescent falls anyone??

The easiest way is to go out to the highway, hang a right and travel east along the north ditch, across the river and a few minutes later there is a gravel road to the left. Take that up a few kms. You will come to a parking lot. Leave quads there and head down the road on foot to the falls, there is a small campground further down this road by the river. After you have had your fill of the falls, take the quads and travel a little further(north) along the road it will turn into an old road then into the trail. you can follow this trail, as some point it crosses the bighorn(easy to get across) then just follow the trail in a westerly direction it will lead you back to the highway 16. When you get to the highway you have to turn left and follow the trail in the ditch and it will take you back to the Dam road. probably best to take a GPS and maybe a Bighorn map with you.

That would be highway 11, not 16. Thanks Tex for catching that.lol

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U mean highway 11 not 16 right ??

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if I was missing something.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND