Chainsaw for use on the trail.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 60volt greenworks with two 5ah batteries, 16" bar, hardly ever fire up the big Husky-maybe one a year. Brother has a tiny 12v saw, no idea the make or ah of battery and a 6" bar. Like a little toy- it's a fantastic trail saw with two batteries its in his backpack on sled all winter. If you are on a day trip of area you know it's actually way more than enough for 4-8" stuff. To small for stocking the weekend camp wood supply but a great trail saw. He has retired his Sweed saw forever.

WinchBreaker

Reaction score
Thanks for everybody's input. So, my wife ended up getting me a gas powered 20" Husqvarna for Fathers day. It did fine strapped to the front rack of my kids Grizzly. It worked great when needed as I had to cut two trees that were down on the first two trails I rode on this summer. So, all good!!

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Came across this Made In USA chainsaw holder site, thought i would share.

https://www.sawgrip.com/
Not made there anymore
4e5a96f7c0e718e40dd1b7ca89d4ea10.jpg

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_3715.png
I have this thing sitting right next to my seat. I get out saw through a tree. 30-40 pulls even for a big one. Most guys haven’t even figured out the bungee cords on their chainsaw yet. Had it for a couple years and it’s still sharp as
new. Obviously a powersaw is needed for giant trees, but I can cut a ton of stuff with the big boy silky saw.

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Poulan wood shark. Cheap, cuts wood and if it gets a few scratches or bruises on the trail, it’s cheap enough not to care

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 271692 I have this thing sitting right next to my seat. I get out saw through a tree. 30-40 pulls even for a big one. Most guys haven’t even figured out the bungee cords on their chainsaw yet. Had it for a couple years and it’s still sharp as
new. Obviously a powersaw is needed for giant trees, but I can cut a ton of stuff with the big boy silky saw.

I have a couple of them. work great on small stuff

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Greenworks 16" 60volt.
Light and not bad power just keep it very sharp.
Awsome saw.

Attachments

• IMG_20230807_073703.jpg
    IMG_20230807_073703.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 79

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg
Did some more trees this weekend. 14” stihl. Did some serious mudding. Just a little bit of water in the saw case from splash off the tires

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Greenworks 16" 60volt.
Light and not bad power just keep it very sharp.
Awsome saw.
I as well have a 12inch 40v electric Stihl and it works on dead fall like no tomorrow will cut up to a 16 inch tree Np and takes very little premium bar oil that never leaks out, well worth the purchase.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am completely clueless to the trails around here. I need to get you and Tyler to show/point me in the right direction
The riding out here is pretty good. just need to know where to go. Most the trails now are broken up in pieces. Ditch and road ride 10-25 minutes or so and then I’m in a whole other big area with trails. 7 wicked swim beaches to ride to on the pembina between drayton and stranger. Come fall we ride a lot more if you want to hook up sometime, let me know. I don’t usually take people riding around here. But you’re a local now :) As long a we got plates, you can pretty much ride down the highway around here nobody will bother you much. Ride all over
Drayton tomahawk wildwood sangudo enwhistle. Nobody rides more or as far away out here than me.

Last edited:

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am completely clueless to the trails around here. I need to get you and Tyler to show/point me in the right direction
You need to take a trip up to Vega and go some of those trails, it will work on your skill level and awareness of the area pretty quick, and it can be either a day trip or overnight if you want.

Top Bottom