Trail At Whitecourt Repaired??

Highmaintenence

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey has anyone heard if the trail at Whitecourt has been repaired after the sysmic work from OJ Pipe Lines? There is a 5 KM stretch that is bare dirt. I saw a thread yesterday indicating OJ was going to blade the snow back onto the trail by the end of day on the 9th of Feb...yesterday.

rellek

Reaction score
Friends talked to someone from the Whitecourt and Swanhills clubs and sounds like repairs will be done by the weekend. We are planning on doing the triangle so that is good news.

thunderjet

Reaction score
I read that in a link to the Trail Blazers web page also, if they roll back snow it will still be rough I would think, would grooming after help? A bunch of us were planning on running the trail next weekend and are debating just running to Whitecourt from Foxcreek one day and then to Swanhills the next, would rather do the whole tri-angle but not if it's like riding on top of a snow bank.

If anyone has any info would be greatly appreciatted.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey has anyone heard if the trail at Whitecourt has been repaired after the sysmic work from OJ Pipe Lines? There is a 5 KM stretch that is bare dirt. I saw a thread yesterday indicating OJ was going to blade the snow back onto the trail by the end of day on the 9th of Feb...yesterday.
brew_doo posted earlier today that they had about 2km left to fix. This was by letter N on the triangle, further south than the OJ work by Swan hills I believe.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read that in a link to the Trail Blazers web page also, if they roll back snow it will still be rough I would think, would grooming after help? A bunch of us were planning on running the trail next weekend and are debating just running to Whitecourt from Foxcreek one day and then to Swanhills the next, would rather do the whole tri-angle but not if it's like riding on top of a snow bank.

If anyone has any info would be greatly appreciatted.

It is the Trailblazers' rally next weekend so you may want to rethink your route as our trail out to the Athabasca cabin near Carson Lake will be very busy on Sunday. Also I am not sure of the condition of the trail North of letter 'O' b/w Whitecourt and Swan Hills as that is where OJ Pipelines is working. Also have not heard if the Swan Hills club has been out grooming at all - their groomer was broken down last week.

Top Bottom