Trade exhaust

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 KTM 450sxf, bought a titanium mega bomb exhaust, I want to install a fuel controller, but finding a welder and the cost to weld bung into titanium is astronomical. Wondering if anyone wants to trade exhaust (for a stainless system. Mine has 10hrs on it and in new condition, so would like equivalent condition system back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Supposedly a guy in Calgary can. But 300$ is what I was told.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
titanium welding tickets are hard to come by, the only welders I knew with them were pulp mill welders. They deal with a lot of exotics. maybe throw a shout out a few places on here and you might get lucky?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know hundreds have of welders and none weld titanium. So many variables welding it!

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I plan on doing a 520, and will need fuel controller, controller will help with overfueling too. Never thought it would be so costly and hard to get bung welded, would definitely have just got the stainless system had I known.

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If no trades out there, anyone interested in buying titanium header pipe?

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call up Acorn Welding in Edmonton. They are an aircraft shop I used to work at. I did a fair amount of ti work while I was there. Talk to Roy and tell them Mike sent you. If bung and pipe are drilled coped and clean I cant see them charging you much more than 100 bucks. A bunch of the best tiggers in the industry come out of that shop.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
titanium welding tickets are hard to come by, the only welders I knew with them were pulp mill welders. They deal with a lot of exotics. maybe throw a shout out a few places on here and you might get lucky?
Is it piping in the mills that is Titanium other parts of machines in the lumber process that needs it?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it piping in the mills that is Titanium other parts of machines in the lumber process that needs it?

Exotic piping, inconel floor grates and drains. The liquors, acids, and bases that run across the floor are hard on everything.

Top Bottom