Track Wear 2.6'

nwoprormk

Reaction score
OK here is the question. I'm riding a 16 SKS I snowchecked with a 2.6' track. I blew a shock when it was brand new (30 miles) and when my dealer installed the warranty shock they overtightened the track I think. The track is grooved out bigtime on the sections between the slider windows, that are simply bare track with no clip. In 450 miles its worn down to the Kevlar strands. Now I've had a few of these over the last 5 yrs and to be honest it didn't seem escessively tight, yet its scrubbed out. What brought my attention to it was the belt wore down enuff that its out of adjustment, which isn't normal either. Anyone else notice premature wear? I think I'm going to blast my dealer and demand a new track, and belt. Thanks for any input

Last edited:

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a guy on Snowest complaining about the very same thing. I've never seen wear like that before. The Polaris tracks are supposed to be tight.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I as well am seeing what I consider not normal wear on the outside edge of the track. We have all dealt with Fraying and used a torch to burn it back, but this is different. It is pieces of the rubber being gouged out as well as the fraying. I was going to take pictures but forgot to this weekend.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I as well am seeing what I consider not normal wear on the outside edge of the track. We have all dealt with Fraying and used a torch to burn it back, but this is different. It is pieces of the rubber being gouged out as well as the fraying. I was going to take pictures but forgot to this weekend.

Did you change the rear bumper? I have seen the bolts installed the wrong way and when the suspension bottoms the track gets gouged by the bolts.

Top Bottom