Track tension

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
So reading in the manual it says 10 psi in the track and then 2- 2.5 " of space between the slider and track clips with the skid off the ground.
This seems loose to me , can put two fingers easy between sliders and metal track clips ?

Thoughts ? Sled is a 2010 M8

adamputz

Reaction score
I run mine as loose as I can without it ratcheting. Like Samuel said, try it and tighten it up on the hill if necessary. Also, it's good to run it on a stand and adjust the tension so the sliders are centred in the track clips. If the sliders are hitting the left side of the clips increase the track tension on the left to push the track to the right and vice versa.

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
Better loose then to tight in this case, to tight will cause headaches when the suspension travels the track will pull back. This is hard on the bearings chain case and shaft could break, trust me happen to me once in Valmount. Like mention if it rachets a bit on the hill just tighten it slightly. Don't forget to tighten the rear axle bolts after, seems to get missed all the time by the best of us.

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the best tention always seems to be as loose as possible without ratcheting.

Top Bottom